PDA

View Full Version : Manchester airspace changes causing delays?

Wee Weasley Welshman
20th Mar 2003, 18:34
Was told today by EDI ground that a change to Manch airspace today was causing slots. We has started engines in accordance with an existing slot when they imposed a new, 40 minute later slot, on us with engines running and poised for taxi resulting in remote holding.

EDI tried very hard to negotiate around this (to little avail) for which they have my thanks.

My question is what were the changes and were they the actual cause?

Cheers,

bagpuss lives
20th Mar 2003, 18:49
The changes, very basically, involve a complete restructuring of the Manchester East and North sectors and resulting CAS structure - including a massive expansion of the MACC AOR over the North Sea and significant airway realignment.

I wasn't aware of any problems at all today apart from a few HCS blips :)

Findo
21st Mar 2003, 14:02
If you had started in accordance with the original slot you would normally be allowed to go. Same happens regularly with Edi ground congestion. Only reason that wouldn't happen would be if Manchester had a sudden need to slow everything and effectively stop traffic for a short while. If I were you I would ask you company Ops manager to get clarification in case someone was not aware of how your situation should have been handled.

Wee Weasley Welshman
22nd Mar 2003, 07:12
It seems that there was no flexibility at flow control despite Edi ATC being on our side of the argument. It was suprising with both engines running to be told "ah you have a new slot, its in 40 minutes I'm afraid", cue puzzled frowns all round the flightdeck.

Cheers,