PDA

View Full Version : Takeoff Performance

Headset starter
20th Mar 2003, 15:02
Hi,

I'm looking for takeoff performance data as part of a uni degree in London, ie TORR TODR ASDR and LDR. I really need them to be specific for the IL76, A300, MD-11 and any B747, and have been searching Google quite a bit to not much avail.

If anyone has, or could point me in the right direction into finding this kind of info I would be most grateful.

Cheers,

Headset Starter

Genghis the Engineer
20th Mar 2003, 18:28
You may find them in Janes "All the Worlds Aircraft", which should be in the library.

If you are a cheeky blighter like I was when I was a student you could just phone the training department of an airline, tell them why you want the information, and ask.

Or, go to the companies websites and look under tech support (Boeing and the like tend to be more informative on their websites than, say, Microsoft or the CAA). For example http://www.boeing.com/assocproducts/aircompat/plan_manuals.html gives you about half the data you want.

Failing that, if you can make do with piston-prop data, try http://www.risingup.com/planespecs/

And if that, and this post do you no good, I'd post on "tech log".

G

mutt
20th Mar 2003, 19:42
Do a search on www.boeing.com for the b747 airport planning document, you should find the information that you want in section 3. The MD11 should also be there.

Mutt

Headset starter
22nd Mar 2003, 08:53
Thanks both of you for your help. I'll be sure to have a gander at the places you suggested, and I may decide to be a cheeky student!

Cheers,

Headset Starter

Genghis the Engineer
22nd Mar 2003, 09:43
Incidentally, are you aware that as an aeronautics (or related) student you have the right to use the Royal Aeronautical Society's Library at 4 Hamilton Place (just off Picadilly, I usually get off at Green Park tube). Best thing to do is phone them, ask for the librarian and tell him who you are and what you're looking into before you go. He'll then have a table set aside for you with all the known texts on the subject of the day piled up.

The society's phone no. is 0207-4993515.

G

Headset starter
23rd Mar 2003, 12:47
Great idea. I am actually a member :D so I'll be sure to go down there this week and see what I can find.

I had a look at the Boeing pages you suggested and they turned out to be really useful.

Many thanks,

HS

Genghis the Engineer
23rd Mar 2003, 15:07
Do phone the day before and let them know what you're looking for. Otherwise you'll get grumped at by Brian the librarian.

G