PDA

View Full Version : Gufstream Intl Flight Acad.

BritishGuy
20th Mar 2003, 13:26
Was wondering if anyone over here has considered (or knows anyone) who's done the Beech 1900 F/O programme with Gulfstream, where you do the training for like $15k and then you fly the line for some 250 hours. I wanted to know if anyone has ever taken the route. And if so, whats the deal. Worth it? Chances of getting hired afterwards? I have a Green Card, so based on that bases. I don't want to hear about the legality to work there with this visa, that visa or another visa, just that if anyone has embarked on this programme or knows much about it. Thanks.

B2N2
20th Mar 2003, 14:38
Depends on your Total Time.
If you have 1000+ it might very well be worth it..less than 500 hrs I wouldn't do it you would not have the TT requirements to be hired anywhere.
$15K is a lot of money to spend on a remote chance....do not know anybody who went this way and got a job out of it.
Hope it helps

liverbird
20th Mar 2003, 18:42
As far as i know they have stopped excepting green cards for the programme. sad........they need to know who your parents are, then your parents parents. then your parents parents parents are before they say maybe.............sad man.......

caaflyr
20th Mar 2003, 22:55
Actually, I believe the Dept of Justice has just released new rules effective March 17th that will allow green card holders without previous large aircraft experience to train in aircraft over 12,500 lbs. Of course, there are background checks and all that!
Patrick Murphy
Director of Training
Delta Connection Academy

BritishGuy
28th Mar 2003, 14:02
Hold on, I thought that if you have less than a 1000TT this kinda programme would be of use to you. Y'know, build 'quality' time. And as far as green cards go-it seems that having a green card now, really holds no value. It's pretty much like having a visa (and a restricted one if that). Correct?