PDA

View Full Version : BA 777 at Luton....?

fusible plug
19th Mar 2003, 00:49
Anybody know why a BA 777-200 was at Luton earlier this afternoon. Not a regular sight you see!

Lord Fulmer
19th Mar 2003, 01:16
Apparently some football club called Arsenal FC going somewhere, according to the security bods!

Anti Skid On
19th Mar 2003, 08:10
Was this a charter for the fans, or the playing staff? 11 players plus a half dozen sub, Arsene and the other coaches, physio, etc - so who were the others if it was for the team, their wives, kids, milkman, bookies?:O

Powerjet1
19th Mar 2003, 09:34
In the past, BA 777s have been used from Luton to carry Arsenal players, ancillary staff, wives etc plus specially invited guests to FA Cup & Champion League matches. I think this flight is one of those. Monarch charter with fans left this morning. Arsenal use Luton for all flights be it to international away matches or domestic games up north, albeit the latter usually employ the services of BM,Flight-Line or CB.

Wycombe
19th Mar 2003, 12:05
Well at least we know of one member of the squad who wouldn't have been onboard

Guess he must have driven or got the train for the game at Ajax (his former Club) the other week.

almost professional
19th Mar 2003, 13:22
he is normally driven-think we could have done with his services tonight! pray for a Roma win

dwlpl
19th Mar 2003, 13:42
I imagine that they do as Liverpool do when they have in the past used BA 777's on this type of charter.

They charter larger aircraft then, to the select few prominent supporters, charge, at a much higher rate than is usual, for the privelege of doing so.

By charging a higher rate they then offset some of the travelling costs.

Buster the Bear
19th Mar 2003, 19:12
You mark my words, the mighty Hatter's will be chartering 747's to carry our team and fans into Europe real soon!!!

almost professional
19th Mar 2003, 19:49
my son(born in the L&D) does not think it is their year to go up, perhaps the last playoff spot is the best we can hope for!
Joe Kinnear for a knighthood!

eastern wiseguy
19th Mar 2003, 19:51
probably need one that big to carry Wengers ego!!

:D

MerchantVenturer
19th Mar 2003, 20:21
Buster,

What, is the Luton team taking some fans to watch Real Madrid?
:)
Ok, I can talk, I know.