PDA

View Full Version : Converting JAA ATPL to FAA ATPL

Turbo Man
17th Mar 2003, 21:24
Does anyone know what's involved in converting from a JAA ATPL to a FAA ATPL?

Or can you tell me were i could find out?

Cheers

Cossie Girl
18th Mar 2003, 14:40
Hi Turbo man

Piece of cake, the americans are very user friendly when it comes to licence conversions. They don't even ask for megga bucks to do it. All you have to do is go along to one of the local FBO's of flying schools and they will but you in the right direction. You will immediately get a temp airmens cert followed shortly by the real thing!

Good luck

pilotwolf
18th Mar 2003, 14:52
Unfortunately it's not quite that simple! Suggest you look at this thread currently in Questions.

FAA ATPL (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84544)

Dr.Evil 2002
18th Mar 2003, 16:15
It used to be simple!!!!!

Long gone are the days of popping down the FBO and getting a temp Airmans Cert issued on the basis of your CAA/JAA.

You now need to fill out a form located on the FAA website, send that with photo copies of licence, medical etc to the FAA office in Oklahoma, then fill out a form from the CAA (also on website) pay them £15 to veryfy your licence to the FAA. Choose what FBO you want your licence issued at and then wait............ they say up to 3 months. I got my authorisation after about 6 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Keygrip
18th Mar 2003, 16:34
Turbo - the only licence that the FAA will give you on presentation of your ICAO one (plus the £15 to UK CAA if applicable) is an FAA PRIVATE - or PPL.

For the ATP - follow the link given by Pilotwolf above.