PDA

View Full Version : Hola, Scandic and NCL?

transwede
13th Mar 2003, 20:17
Apparantly Hola Airlines are basing a 737 at NCL for summer 2003 to do work for Air Scandic and Excel. Does this mean that the Finnair 757, operated for Scandic is not going to NCL this summer or is it extra flights for Scandic/Excel?

With alot of S2003 flights being cancelled at NCL is another based charter unit needed or is it indeed a cut in capacity for SCY?

GrahamK
14th Mar 2003, 08:24
According to the Newcastle Airport website, Scandic are still using 757s through Newcastle this summer.
As well as the MYT expansion as noted below, Britannia are also increasing capacity at NCL with the introduction of a based 767-300 in place of the usual -200.

heinzmanm
14th Mar 2003, 11:01
QUOTE]With alot of S2003 flights being cancelled at NCL is another based charter unit needed or is it indeed a cut in capacity for SCY?[/QUOTE]

Which flights have been cancelled? The 'provisional' timetable looks much like it was last year in terms of flights. In addition, MYT are basing an A320 and a 321 which is increased capacity from last year.

Matthew

starship
15th Mar 2003, 15:43
Air Scandic will be basing a leased Finnair Boeing 757-200 at NCL this summer, operating on behalf of Kosmar and others on the same programme as previously operated. The crews are all in place and should shortly be heading out to Helsinki to do the 757 refresher training before the aircraft arrives to be based from May 01.

Cheers

starship :cool:

transwede
15th Mar 2003, 15:47
Just confirmed by handling agent, Hola Airlines will be basing a 733 at NCL to operate 10 flights per week, which were previously listed as Excel/Scandic and other airlines flights. Just wondering will they be using their own Spanish crew or hiring local english cabin crew, as I'm assuming the flight deck will be Spanish.

With regards to flights being cancelled tour operators are struggling to fill some of the charters and some have been cancelled according to ground staff when I passed through late last week. Tour Ops are also combining alot of flights, which do not yet show on the airport website as its last update was 17 Jan!

Roster Puppet
17th Mar 2003, 17:20
transwede

With regard to
"flights being cancelled tour operators are struggling to fill some of the charters and some have been cancelled according to ground staff when I passed through late last week. Tour Ops are also combining alot of flights, which do not yet show on the airport website as its last update was 17 Jan!"

I can assure you that neither BAL, JMC, or MYT are 'struggling' and infact prior to today's 'Middle-east escalation', trends and bookings for this summer were/are looking very good!

As someone who evidently has many, many years 'in the industry,
you should be wary of unsubstantiated 'scare-mongering' which can start all sorts of dangerous rumours and perhaps create a lack of confidence from customers who would perhaps otherwise continue to book!

P.S. I hope that your ambition to return to the North-east is realised, so that instead of occasionally "passing through" (no doubt conjuring up your next rumour on the way...hee.hee..!) it becomes part of your daily work routine whilst actually based at NCL. (Unless of course you are already ...perhaps with a certain UK domestic operator about to withdraw from NCL?!)

Good luck and why not come up to the BAL crewroom next time you are in the area?:rolleyes:

MerchantVenturer
17th Mar 2003, 19:11
Roster Puppet,

When you say, "........neither BAL, JMC or MYT are 'struggling'.........." are you referring specifically to NCL?

Press reports have stated that the big operators are cutting capacity in a significant way, especially for the early part of the summer. Yes, I know you can't always believe what you read etc, but local travel agents are also hinting that this is so.

682ft AMSL
17th Mar 2003, 21:40
My Travel have revealed within the last week that 3 of their planned services from LBA this summer have been canned (GRO, AGP and MIR). The period of operation for services to RHO and HER has been reduced.

These, I imagine, were services where advanced bookings were so low that even with the hoped for short conflict in Iraq, bookings wouldn't recover for the remainder of the summer.

In contrast, TUI have advised that the operation for the first two months of the season wil be flown with a B767 as opposed to the B757 as originally planned

A confusing message about the effect that the the uncertainty over Iraq has had on booking levels.

GrahamK
18th Mar 2003, 10:59
From AirScandic.com:
Air Scandic will shortly be publishing its summer 2003 flying programme from Manchester & Newcastle Airports.
Our summer 2003 fleet will consist of two Airbus A-300 aircraft & two Boeing 757 aircraft based at Manchester and one Boeing 757 aircraft based at Newcastle.

Hope that sorts things out

transwede
18th Mar 2003, 20:12
Roster Puppet correct me if I am wrong but is this not a Rumour Network? A place where things are posted, heard throughout the industry? Many operators are reducing capacity for the forthcoming season, including those at NCL, as well as many other bases! And I would thank you not to accuse me of my persona. Infact Yes I would love to get back to NCL, NO I do not work for a regional operator, shortly closing down at NCL as I actually work for a major charter company down south. So in fact I believe it is you who is 'scare mongering'!

I began this thread to try and find out if anybody knew of Hola Airlines basing a 737 at NCL as I still have friends who would jump at the opportunity!

BIG E
20th Mar 2003, 00:21
are makems allowed to post on here?

Roster Puppet
21st Mar 2003, 12:17
Merchant Venturer

Yes most specifically with regard to NCL - although I believe it is reported that the MAN and LGW catchments have shown the biggest reductions.

Big E
Well ..they must but I actually come from Hexham so maybe I get a concession for that ? :O

Transwede

CALM DOWN !!
I am not 'scaremongering' in any way...you would see that if you actually read the post properly! Having been on the receiving end of unsupported rumours which encouraged the demise of my then employer,I know only too well how remarks such as yours can influence public confidence and subsequent sales! Having said that I understand that you were enquiring with a view to your 'great return' (tee.hee..:= ).

Just a thought but I know Easyjet are basing aircraft at NCL in the near future, and I would imagine Crew as well. Perhaps give them a try as it might suit ?

Good luck !