PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: old charts of Northern France

AerBabe
11th Mar 2003, 09:00
Does anyone have an out of date VFR charts for Northern France they would be willing to send me to daydream over? I'd pay postage of course! According to Transair it is numbers 1 and 2 of the half mil charts that cover the North.

Thanks, AB

Chilli Monster
11th Mar 2003, 09:07
Drop me a PM with your address - I'm just about to buy some new ones so you can have the old with pleasure.

AerBabe
11th Mar 2003, 09:12
Wow, an impressive response time! I know this place is good, but ...
Anyway, thanks very much for that, have PM'd you.

sharpshot
11th Mar 2003, 10:06
Just e-mailed u then read this - How old a chart do you want - I have two of varying ages and still use them for planning (The French Coast hasn't moved too much lately:cool: )
Mind you if they make themselves any more popular..........!!

AerBabe
11th Mar 2003, 10:34
I'm not too worried how old they are. They will only be used for my daydreaming! I am just interested to see what the airspace is like on the other side. :)

Haven't got them with you have you? I'll be passing by your place of work this afternoon... :D

sharpshot
11th Mar 2003, 12:28
I'll have them tomorrow as was contemplating some night flying before clocks go forward. Might be a spare seat too:D

Not going to France with the old maps though;)

You should experience an X-channel with us, then you won't just have to dream! You'll love the banter with Paris Info - or should I say the lack of it:p

Brooklands
11th Mar 2003, 13:20
AB

... I am just interested to see what the airspace is like on the other side.

Just in case you weren't aware, the French charts are low level ones, and don't show controlled airspace above 5000' AMSL (or 2000' AGL, whichever is higher), although I suspect that you aren't planning on going too high.

The Jeppesen ones do show all the controlled airspace, but cover smaller areas.

Hope you manage to turn the dream into a reality - the nav can be quite amusing.

Brooklands

[edited to change below to above !]

AerBabe
11th Mar 2003, 14:23
SS, give me a call on my mobile if you are going up tomorrow and don't mind a non-paying person on board. :(
Yes.... I can just imagine you and Hack going X-channel... :D

Brook - nooo, I don't like heights. ;) What exactly is 'amusing' about the nav?!

sharpshot
12th Mar 2003, 07:33
Pick up next time it rings!!!!!!

AerBabe
12th Mar 2003, 08:37
It didn't ring!! :(

sickBocks
12th Mar 2003, 08:47
Some daydream material:

If you get a chance try going into Paris/Toussus le Noble (LFPN).

Good views of the Eiffel Tower as you turn final for 26L/R. They have the standard comedy French reporting points N, E, S and W which are always some significant feature North, East, South and West of the airport. Always a good idea to get the chart of the airfield with these points on.. otherwise you're left saying "Where the hell's that?" or just guessing which random feature to use.

Saumur (LFOD) on the Loire is also very nice if you wanna go a bit further in. Nice wine. Especially now you can't get it in Sainsbury's anymore.

witter witter witter

sB