PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for avionics recommendation

Doghouse
8th Mar 2003, 19:43
Don't know if I'm allowed to post this kind of request, but I'm trying to buy and get installed a DME for a C172. Loads of outfits can supply new ones, but does anyone know of an avionics outfit that can get hold of second hand DME's? Any recommendations for cheapish DME's would be useful.

Flyin'Dutch'
9th Mar 2003, 05:53
DH

Have a look in the back of the aviation mags they have adds from the avionics people and most of those will be able to sell you a second hand one as well. (They sometimes take reasonable units in PX)

Or look at the trade-a-plane site (you will have to sub for that one but it is not very expensive)

HTH

FD

Rod1
9th Mar 2003, 10:04
You should find http://www.sky-craft.co.uk/skunk_works.htm
will solve your problem!

If anyone has a second hand Garmin 150XL...

Rod

BEagle
9th Mar 2003, 12:23
Doghouse - have you tried chatting to the excellent chaps at RGV Aviation, Staverton Aerodrome (or Gloucestershire Intergalactic Spaceport or whatever daft name it's calling itself these days!). Alec has sorted out my 4 ac for all avionics needs for many years now - if anyone near to you can help, RGV probably can!

Oh - and Moderators, this isn't supposed to be an advert - just a suggestion. Edit it if you need to!

Keef
9th Mar 2003, 13:51
I can second BEagle's recommendation. I have no connection whatever with RGV other than as satisfied customer, but they did an installation for us a while ago. Their price was the best of several, they did the job when they said they would, and for the price they said. Faultless, flawless, and friendly.

DME's aren't that expensive new, and I'd suspect fitting is going to cost you as much as the "box".

long final
9th Mar 2003, 21:56
A Third for RGV.

LF

Davidt
10th Mar 2003, 09:40
Try NEA at manchester they gave me a good deal on a reconditioned fm immune nav/com unit.

Also give Avionicare at southend a call know they take stuff in part ex if there is likley to be demand for it.