PDA

View Full Version : More oranges in French sky

Sheer rack
7th Mar 2003, 14:48
Does anyone give me his feelings about the possibility of Easy jet to devellope a hub in Paris, following the bankrupty of Air lib.
Slots in Orly must be soon reallocate and I've heard the orange company wants get a few ones.
French authority try to exchange for jobs according the catastrophic employement situation.

Clear right!
7th Mar 2003, 17:07
easyJet want 20,000 slots at Orly, enough for 7 aircraft to be based there. So there should be some good opportunities.

A word of warning though. easyJet has a policy whereby existing employees within the company get preference over new joiners for relocation. There are plenty of willing volunteers within the company to relocate to Paris. There are many ex Sabena people in eJ who would relocate there.

So easyJet may offer ex airlib people employment but it'll be on a UK contract and you may have to relocate to the UK to a base such as Belfast, Glasgow, Edinburgh or Newcastle for a while before you can get a Paris base.

Best of luck.

Sheer rack
8th Mar 2003, 07:28
thank clear
I didnt know about this EZ's internal policy. quite normal. What 's the normal scheme about moves in differents bases. do you think possible to install all his family in one place without get a change 6 months later ? or it's better to stay moveable.
By the way, when starting operations A320? if purchase done of course.

In trim
8th Mar 2003, 08:47
I would stay flexible for the first few months.....a lot of people moving to their preferred bases at the moment as the Go integration is almost complete, and anyone joining may have to fill a gap at another base for a few months before something comes up at your preferred location. Probably not worth uprooting a family for the sake of a few months.

To answer the Airbus question....they are A319's and not A320's. The first will arrive in September, but the first 5 are going to easyJet Switzerland (GVA based). The first ones onto the easyJet (UK) AOC will be around Feb next year. No announcement yet regarding the next base to convert to Airbus, but chances are it will be one of the main London bases.....LGW/STN?

Sheer rack
8th Mar 2003, 09:16
Just one small point but a big difference isn't it ? sorry about that and thank you for your response. I'm very interrested in this company and wish join it if my apply is available.
Which pieces of advices occur to you for succeeding the selection ?
Is there any organization preparing those interviews ?
Is the fact to be French a drawback ?
All advices are welcomed.:eek:

Clear right!
8th Mar 2003, 12:53
Sheer rack,

Being French isn't a problem, we have a couple of ex CityBird(??) pilots already who are based at Gatwick.

Plenty of info regarding selection on PPrune in the archives. Selection is done by the company at easyLand HQ in Luton. Fill in the online application form and wait for telephone call or e-mail. :cool:

Keep flexible though as base changes can come quite quickly. :D