PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa flight training

Lewy Boy
6th Mar 2003, 12:55
Anybody have any experience of Riverside flight centre in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Prices look good and thinking of doing some hour building over there. I know Stapleford used to use them for initial training but not sure why that was terminated.

Sir Digby Spode
6th Mar 2003, 22:19
I spent ten weeks in Tulsa (Jan 2002-Mar 2002) at what was Stapleford USA, (now Riverside Flight Centre), doing my FAA PPL and hours building before coming back to the UK to do the ATPL ground school and CPL etc etc...
They were absolutely first class through out. They're a small school which, at first was a bit perturbing, but what they offer is a very friendly, personal service. At the time they had 3 C152's. I think they may have another one now along with a C172 and Beech Duchess. All the aircraft were absolutely immaculate.
Go for it! I would recommend them to anyone.
The reason for their split with Stapleford in the UK was a "conflict of interests". Some politics going on there, which to be honest, I'm not all that interested in! What I can say is if you were to walk in to Staplford UK and tell them that you did your PPL and hours building in Tulsa, they would know that you'd been trained well. They took me from scratch and I came home with a first time pass in the FAA PPL skills test and 100% in the written exam! If I can do it, anyone can!
Hope that puts your mind at rest.

CliffordAgius
9th Mar 2003, 16:30
I was there from Oct 01 to Dec 01 and thought the school was very good.
I had a few hours before going but found the planes, groundschool and the area excellent for training and enjoyed every minute of it. The airport is Class D under a Class C so the Radio work is very challenging at first but it makes future training easier as your not worrying about talking on the radio.

If your planing to make this your start into the world of aviation then I can't think of a better place to start. Very professional and hard working, to ensure you not only learn to fly well and safe but have good fun in doing so.

While there I also learnt to water-ski during one of the many relaxation days out to the local lakes with the schools speed boat.

I found it so good that I went back to visit my new friends and have a bit of a flying holiday last september.

Highly recomended and great area to train.

If you choose to go I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.