PDA

View Full Version : Conscription

corp.f/a
6th Mar 2003, 08:31
Are there any Pilots out there who have been called up as reservists? What sort of flying are you being called up to do?
I know people are being called up but I haven't heard any more than that. Can you tell me more about what part you will play/are playing in a conflict with Iraq?
At what point do you think the government will start conscripting non reservist Pilots? (This is me getting worried about my man being called up now)
Good luck to you, I wish you well and go safe.
CFA

BMW Man
6th Mar 2003, 10:12
Not heard of anyone on the Retired List being called, pilot or otherwise. Can't speak for the reservists, but no FTRS being called. Can't speak for the RAF, but Royal Navy reserve pilots wouldn't have anything to worry about.....exactly which airframes would they fly?? They are few and far between. Don't think GR7 RAF boys need worry with the RN F/A2 daddies looking after them......as usual they'd probably whine about the state of their accommodation onboard our ships and try to scupper all our beer!

As for what type of flying they would do? The best, raining death from above in order to ensure survival of the fittest.

Death or glory, sorry if I have offended the tree hugging happy brigade.

Lucifer
6th Mar 2003, 12:02
The only reservists that there are as pilots, are those who have previously served as pilots in RAF etc - there would be no danger of anyone else being called up as there is simply not enough time to train in the timescale of modern wars, unless we ended up in an unlikely drawn-out war and were able to replace any airframes lost, which too would take a long time.

If conscription happened I doubt our leaders would be around for long - hardly a political plus for a war we are starting as 'preventative'.