PDA

View Full Version : Glad tidings of great joy!

Saab Dastard
4th Mar 2003, 19:38
At last:

The long sought after alignment of instructor, available aircraft, adequate weather and time off work occurred today, with the satisfactory result of converting my partial pass of last October into a full pass.

The blur heading to Gatwick is me folks! :D :D

So all I need now is an aeroplane for the Duxford fly-in.

Lock up your aeroplanes, SD's about :cool:

Cheers

SD

AerBabe
4th Mar 2003, 19:50
Nice one. If that blur happens to pass the Moat House Hotel tomorrow night, there is a mini-bash on!
Glad I'm not bringing one of my clubs' aircraft to Duxford... :eek: ;)

BRL
4th Mar 2003, 20:58
Good one Saabster.... :) As AB says above, there is a bit of a bash going on tomorrow so if your nearby come and join us for a glass of pop or two.... :D

G SXTY
4th Mar 2003, 22:04
Well done sir!

A little bird tells me you not the only one either. Is there a Mr. Blokeinanarcher in the house?;)

Aussie Andy
5th Mar 2003, 08:11
Way to go Saab Dastard! Congratulations mate!

Evo
5th Mar 2003, 08:42
Congrats, Saab! :D :D

but I thought you had the re-test the weekend after the Gatwick tower visit - or was that me getting disoriented by sennadog's driving... ;) :p

In Altissimus
5th Mar 2003, 08:58
Well done SD - it's a relief when it finally happens ain't it!

Welcome to the class of '03 ;)

The school sent off my stuff last Wednesday - so it'll be interesting to see what difference it makes with you delivering by hand.

(Un)fortunately I shaln't be able to make Duxford as I shall be sipping margaritas (sp?) in Florida :cool:

p.s. Don't forget Duxford has a bloomin long tarmac runway - not a little grass one like the airfield next door:rolleyes:

sennadog
5th Mar 2003, 14:36
I thought you'd done it ages ago mate. Anyway, well done and have you managed to wipe the big cheesy grin off your face yet?

:D

simonh11
5th Mar 2003, 14:59
I'm glad to say I'm another new pilot with a cheesy grin :O Got part two of the test done on Sunday. Posted all the bits off to Gatwick on Monday. I worked out that it took me 2 months short of seventeen years from first lesson to passing the test. I suppose waiting a week or two for my license won't hurt.

Regards
S

Saab Dastard
5th Mar 2003, 19:11
simonh11, BlokeInAnArcher

Well done to you both!

Evo Yup, it's Sennadog's driving - I did the skills test the day after the tower visit, and I finally got around to do the repeat PFL yesterday! Nothing like a break to refresh and invigorate!

The cheesy grin and inflated chest will probably remain in place until my next c**p landing or some such, when I will come down to earth with a bump - literally!

BRL - Sorry I can't make the mini-bash, have to be in Rotherham! I'm sure we can catch up with a few scoops in the near future.

Cheers

SD

LowNSlow
6th Mar 2003, 04:58
Congrats to Saab, simon and BIAA .

What are your future plans, fluttering around in a FRED or blasting along in a Boeing :D

hasell
6th Mar 2003, 10:45
Congrtualtions Saab.

Welcome to the club! :D

Regards.

Has.

In Altissimus
6th Mar 2003, 10:52
LowNSlow

My plans are roughly...

(i) Be able to get places fairly quickly, by the end of the summer.
(ii) Be able to get places quickly in dodgy weather, by the end of next winter.

Given that everything in GA seems to take twice as long as anticipated, I doubt I'll achieve the above - but it'll be fun trying:D

Oh, nearly forgot, a prerequisite to the above has to be to escape from the 'club rental' syndrome...