PDA

View Full Version : Whats the hardest question you get in Aptitudes?

Speedbird744
22nd Oct 2001, 00:52
What is the hardest type of question one can be faced with in the selection tests?

Iain
22nd Oct 2001, 01:13
The questions are not hard, the verbal ones are ambiguous, while the numeric ones are so easy to make.
Practice will really help you, I called up the company who do the BA testing, and they recommened some books!
I do not have them next to me, but if you drop me an email I will give you the info!
[email protected]

redsnail
22nd Oct 2001, 22:47
With some of them, it is "how are you going to pay?"

eagerbeaver
23rd Oct 2001, 20:45
Here's one that was put to me in ops once;

You are a new first officer on a night stop in europe. Yourself and the cabin crew are having a drink in the bar relaxing waiting for the captain to arrive. The captain appears in a dress, high heels and make-up, what do you say or do?

comments please.....

flying Dr
23rd Oct 2001, 20:51
Male or female captain?

foghorn
23rd Oct 2001, 23:22
Buy her a drink?

southern softy
24th Oct 2001, 02:45
or you say

" good evening David, ( in a very deep macho voice, pint of Brown ale is it"

eagerbeaver
24th Oct 2001, 15:28
you are all a lttle more switched on than i gave you credit for. The captain does not have to be a man. I thought that was quite a good question.

hmm nice flaps
25th Oct 2001, 01:35
:p well I have to confess that i was not switched onto this! But I did only skim read it, but embarrassingly only realised on reading the proceeding post that the captain could very well be a woman! Soes does this mean that I am sexist -perhaps the name hmm nice flaps gives that away! To be fair though just how many women are Airline captains? Does anyone know any figures.
Nice trick question and I imagine that answering along the lines of "maybe the captain is playing a joke" could be highly embarrasing at an interview.

Elin Scheffers
25th Oct 2001, 21:29
Dear who-ever-you-are,
have you noticed that women are taking over the aviationworld? Ofcourse the captain is going to walk in with make-up and a dress on. DUHHH

flying Dr
25th Oct 2001, 23:33
Dear Thermy,
damn right you are. Women are propably better pilots then men, 'cause they don't follow their little friends like we do.