PDA

View Full Version : easyJet Recruitment

2XL
21st Oct 2001, 19:04
Is it true easyJet are only recruiting 737 rated pilots at present ?

Any info helpful.

GPS Approach
21st Oct 2001, 20:50
According to their representative at the BALPA conference last weekend, they are looking to recruit 140 pilots per year for the next couple of years. You need to have a minimum of 1500 hours, but I don't think you need to be 737 Type rated.

Hope this helps.

2XL
25th Oct 2001, 22:46
Bringing this one back up for further information please.

How is it that some guys of similar experience get an interview straight away whilst others wait and wait ?

Positive replies welcome.

dv8
26th Oct 2001, 16:47
Go Are "mopping up the B737 rated market at the moment" but watch this space.

Ryanair We all know about MOL's money making scheme so wont talk about that.

easyJet I have no idea. Anyone with some input?

nice_beaver
26th Oct 2001, 18:22
As far as i understand it the current minimum requirement is still JAA ATPL BUT with applications arriving from BA and VS every day the current selection is being made from those with jet command time for Commanders and significant experience for SFO positions with the intention of possible command assessment within 6 months. ( 4000 total, 3000 easyJet factored, 1000 jet )

The intention used to be to vary the recruitment levels for FOs in order to prevent future peaks and troughs of experience levels but with the current shortage of Commanders the emphasis is on those SFOs who could soon make command. As for the future ( if the ploicy were to remain )it would seem likely the requirements will change with predicted shortages of certain experience levels.

As for the rational of who gets to front up to easyland - unknown, except for the fact that with the database expanding on a daily basis its obviously more difficult to wade through and select candidates.

Best option is to get friendly with a current EZY pilot as they now have in place a 'recommend a pilot' scheme!

Best advice, keep trying

NB

2XL, i got your message, am away right now but will endeavor to send you something next week.

AndyL
26th Oct 2001, 22:08
I was the representative at the BALPA conference so perhaps I can clarify on these points. I hope this won't be seen as misuse of the forum.

In answer to the original question, no we are recruiting both type rated and non type rated pilots in both seats.

For the RHS given the current situation, we are very unlikely to look at anyone with less than 1500hrs total time.

It is true that some applicants are not picked up for interview whilst others less experienced are. There are a variety of reasons for this but it isn't just a matter of pot luck; as with many companies we profile applicants and call forward candidates accordingly.

Best wishes and good luck to all job hunters out there.

2XL
26th Oct 2001, 23:10
Thanks people, who else has some news ?

EB I await - thanks.

MorningGlory
1st Nov 2001, 03:40
AndyL,

A question as you were the BALPA EZY rep' a few weeks ago:

If your application and screening programme selected a pilot in her/his 20's, with all of the qualities the company profile was looking for but with a 'fresh' low houred frozen ATPL, would that pilot be at an even greater advantage with a B737 type rating under her/his belt?

ie: Would you consider it worthwhile for a low houred frozen ATPL to get that rating, and therfore become (possibly) more attractive to an applicable airline?

[ 31 October 2001: Message edited by: MorningGlory ]

MorningGlory
1st Nov 2001, 20:52
AndyL?????

Ryan Flyer
1st Nov 2001, 21:40
Regarding the original question, spoke to easyJet two days ago and I was told that at the moment only recruiting type rated pilots and that the next full conversion course is not going to be until May next year (for the RHS).

AndyL
2nd Nov 2001, 00:41
Ryan Flyer - I'm not sure who you spoke to but categorically, possessing a 737 type rating has never been a requirement for eJ recruitment and it is not one now. Several pilots without the type rating attended last Fridays recruitment workshop, so I think I'm fairly up to date on this.

Morning Glory - Given my earlier comments, I wouldn't recommend paying for your own type rating. Most airlines that recruit type rated pilots would still like to see some time on type. Anyway, as above it is not a significant factor for eJ. For your info, one of the things that is looked upon favourably is to have some time in a disciplined airline (or military) flight deck environment, be it turboprop or jet.

It is correct that under the current planned expansion, all RHS places have been filled for courses through until May 02; however, plans can change as fresh commercial opportunities arise so my advice is to keep trying.

Once again good luck to all job hunters.

Kind Rgds,

[ 01 November 2001: Message edited by: AndyL ]

2XL
3rd Nov 2001, 19:55
Rumour confirmed then.............better luck next year everyone.