PDA

View Full Version : Jobs with ATPL 150hrs TT

Speedbird744
21st Oct 2001, 02:24
What flying jobs are open to a 20yr old with ATPL Modular 150 hrs (done at Oxford)??
any chance with an airline at that age??

Daifly
21st Oct 2001, 03:19
Thought you had to be 21 for an ATPL? Ah! When pilots are looking younger and all that...!

Difficult to say at the moment really. After the 11th recruitment has all but stopped and, unfortunately, there's redundancies being made (or planned).

So, for a while at least, it's sit tight and hope I suppose.

I can't see why you couldn't get into an airline at your age; the BA scheme takes people from 18, so that would be 19 and a bit on the line.

I wouldn't say that the world's your oyster just at the moment. Sorry to sound so negative, but currently it's difficult to say what's going to happen generally.

That's not to say that you might not walk into a job tomorrow - like in every other line, it's right place, right time!

Good luck though, hope you find something.

bendyjet2001
21st Oct 2001, 19:15

did same as u and got airline job at 20, only problem i had was getting insurance for positioning in hire cars! always makes the captains smile and start reminising about wot they were up 2 in 1980!

rolling circle
21st Oct 2001, 21:57
Rather an obvious wind-up isn't it?

JB007
21st Oct 2001, 23:33
Yep..I agree!

If your a modular student you won't get an ATPL issued with 150 hours TT..

150 is the minimum requirement before starting the CPL/IR training...your missing 75 hours plus tests from your total!!!

Lucifer
22nd Oct 2001, 15:24
Just goes to show why you should go to university and get a degree. There are jobs in other sectors. Go to uni mate: the debt is not that scary if you are switched on about it, and spend no more than the student loan (on an interest rate on a par with inflation and does not have to be paid back until you start earning over £18k ish.