PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the Irish guy at EGLL Tower

Captain Spunkfarter
1st Mar 2003, 23:01
I was flying a jet into London Heathrow today and the Northern Irish guy in the Tower helped us out a great deal. You guys are great. Especially the Irish...and the Geordie.

Bright-Ling
2nd Mar 2003, 06:44
Yes - they are always helpful - esp the short one with his Bart Simpson haircut.

Keep it up guys - before long you'll be on the 4th (or 5th) floor as you are certainly going places.

B-L

Gonzo
2nd Mar 2003, 08:31
Not too sure about the geordie.............:p

Gonzo.

Bright-Ling
2nd Mar 2003, 08:57
But ain't the Geordie already brown nosing his way up!?!?!?!?

Tee hee

B-L

Point Seven
2nd Mar 2003, 14:04
Has this thread been sponsored by the B watch appreciation society?:yuk:

Bright-Ling
2nd Mar 2003, 15:12
"B watch, B Watch ra ra ra"

:yuk: indeedy

AlanM
2nd Mar 2003, 20:50
Boy is Dublin gonna be fun if this it what beer does to you!

Gonzo
2nd Mar 2003, 22:55
Rather pointless society methinks.........

Implies there must be something to appreciate to start with?

:p

Maybe coming in on your days off is addling your brain, Capt. S?

Gonzo.

halo
4th Mar 2003, 07:25
I can't believe it!! *laughs*. I really can't believe you have created this thread!!:rolleyes:

What about all the lovely people on all the other watches??? Don't they help people out as well?? ;) (And yes, we all know what used to be written on the inside panel of the lift door) :D

And how many times do I have to tell you....... Mancunians Rule!!:cool:

Point Seven
4th Mar 2003, 20:18
Halo

What was written on the inside of the lift door was ,I suspect, BY Captain Spunkfarter. He's an evil insider, climbing the ranks of NATS management and using this very site to further his, and Bart Simpson's, career. Think very carefully before posting again!!!:suspect:

Captain Spunkfarter
6th Mar 2003, 17:49
Gonzo. Your union colleagues worked hard to get you 30 minute breaks. Show them some gratitude and get out of the tower once in a while. :p

Gonzo
6th Mar 2003, 21:04
Let me just get this straight. You criticise me for spending the first few minutes of my break up in the tower (booking some leave, if you must know), and yet you're in on ANOTHER day off?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh my God, we've gone to 8 on 2 off and nobody's told me, is that it?

:p

Gonzo.

AlanM
6th Mar 2003, 21:42
Laugh - I nearly bought a round.

Capt S - see you after the 2nd morning for a beer.....nudge nudge - spread the word, I'm buying!

Can u drive me and the Irish bloke home?

left outer, right inner
7th Mar 2003, 11:51
;) Fantastic- it is great to see that nothing has changed since I left the lovely establishment!!!

Things are going well down here in the sunny south- but when are you all gonna come down for a big night out down here and get hammered? Anyone for Berlins?:p

LORI

Captain Spunkfarter
7th Mar 2003, 19:06
Gonzo. I've never actually seen you out of the Tower! I'm sure you've got a little cat basket under the Air desk.:p

Now let's see. Every 30 minute break spent in the Tower equates to 2 hours 30 minutes per shift fannying about the Tower when you should be on a break.

That's 540 hours of break time per year spent in the Tower. Or to put it another way, you work exactly 72 extra shifts per year as untaken breaks.

Have a Kit-Kat.

Yellow Snow
7th Mar 2003, 23:49
LORI

When I last went out with you in Bournemouth I was damaged beyond all repair. I'm out for the rest of the season and have just been declared bankrupt:ouch: :uhoh:

GONZO

Didn't know you took leave. Nice one.

AlanM
8th Mar 2003, 05:37
LORI

Things just ain't been the same since you left. The watch is now very efficient and people go for a coffee in a team like manner - not going on their own for a 'jack' Costa!!

Only joking matey.........you are missed in the Swan - come back soon old bean!

Captain Spunkfarter
8th Mar 2003, 15:51
AlanM

What the hell are you doing up at 06:37?

Unless you're out with your mate Jeff Dahmer! I can just see you, sipping Chardonnay in a field somewhere and wearing your Aunty's skin!

AlanM
8th Mar 2003, 21:55
Me thinks that 'er indoors (on a M shift) is impersonating me!

Even the watch mentalist should be scared!!!

Back to me Tanglefooooot.... hic:eek:

Evil J
12th Mar 2003, 18:18
I heard the essecne of D Watch had moved to the Midlands?? Bet the number of go-arounds has gone down though!!

Expect fluctuatiions.....

AlanM
12th Mar 2003, 20:27
Essence or pain in the butt!!!!!!

can I fly into EMA soon for free???

Gonzo
12th Mar 2003, 22:33
Essence or pain in the butt!!!!!!

There's always someone who says what everyone else is thinking! ;)

Gonzo.

Evil J
13th Mar 2003, 12:36
Nice to know I'm missed so!! I'll be thinking of you next time you're 4 for 6 and we're 6 for 2 (well 6 for 4 worse case)

AlanM-yep no problem, give us a ring and I can sort the fees out; have done it before.

Did I hear a rumour you've finally been let lose with one of them new fangled radio detection ranging thingies?

Gonzo- I heard that D watch had become the new C watch??
..........Stanby for start.............

GT3
13th Mar 2003, 16:14
nah thats Another watch ;)

Gonzo
13th Mar 2003, 17:22
Evil J,

No chance, more like the old E Watch!!!!!!!!

Start 'em up!

Gonzo.

Point Seven
14th Mar 2003, 15:41
Gonzo

Do you actually believe these crazy delusions that you keep spouting off. The old E watch?!?!? Death watch more like.

:yuk:

GT3
16th Mar 2003, 16:52
P7, GMP says start em up, GMC says standby now!

QC

Captain Spunkfarter
16th Mar 2003, 18:57
Any disaster has BYSTANDERS.
C Watch is a disaster, but it has STAND-BYERS (clever, eh?)

Working on D Watch on the other hand is a slightly different experience. I'd compare it to getting a bl*wjob off a piranha fish, if you know what I mean!

Point Seven
16th Mar 2003, 22:15
GT3

Things were better when we operated IMC. Know what i mean?!

QC;)

GT3
17th Mar 2003, 13:07
P7, ahhh those were the days.

Capt, sounds like a chomping exerience there!

PPRuNe Radar
18th Mar 2003, 16:12
Can't you guys PM each other ?? ;)