PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Gloucester

PilotOnline
27th Feb 2003, 15:59
I'm going to be flying to Gloucester next week and thought I'd meet up with my Dad for lunch. Does anyone know of any good places to eat? Is the cafe at the airport any good or are there any good pubs nearby?

Thanks!:D

formationfoto
27th Feb 2003, 19:27
Airport cafe is just that and unlikely to inspire. Having said that haven't any other great suggestions. There are plenty of eateries in Cheltenham which is a 10 min taxi ride. There is an arcade there with plenty of choice. Don't know about Gloucester. Also some reasonable hotels not far from the airport which do good 'pub grub'.

matspart3
27th Feb 2003, 21:22
House in the Tree or Pheasant Inn, five minutes drive both do reasonable 'pub grub' lunches, The White House hotel is OK too but the short taxi ride to Cheltenham is probably your best bet. Huge choice from Le Petit Blanc to Burger King...if your Dad's a local he might know a few haunts?
The boys and girls in the Briefing Room will point you in the right direction.
Remember to leave room for 50lt of AVGAS, you'll get a cheap landing fee

Aussie Andy
27th Feb 2003, 22:37
Or if you want to go one better and really treat him, take a taxi into Cheltenham to have lunch at The Queen's Hotel - a fabulous dining room, you will enjoy it for sure!

I've also eaten at le Petit Blanc - also very good, and in the same building.

Great airfield too...

Andy

FormationFlyer
28th Feb 2003, 10:54
Ill second the House in the Tree....

flyingwysiwyg
28th Feb 2003, 11:02
The Hatherley Manor Hotel is very close to the airfield!

Might be a bit pricey, but the food is good. I think its about a mile north of the airlfield, down a lane. Folks at Gloucester airport will know it.