PDA

View Full Version : Easy and NCL....Are things changing already?

transwede
26th Feb 2003, 16:58
Speaking to a colleague today who works for easy the third aircraft planned for NCL in august I believe is not yet confirmed, even though seats are being sold on the BRS, PRG and CDG routes that it is mean't to be operating. NCL will only get it if they can obtain more flights out of CDG. If unsuccessful in getting these slots then the aircraft will go to Orly!

Shame if it does......and what about the seats already sold?

Buster the Bear
26th Feb 2003, 18:29
The flights could well use Orly and not CDG as easyJet Switzerland fly from Geneva into there.

GrahamK
27th Feb 2003, 16:53
If the worst comes to the worst, I would think that the STN flights will remain on a STN based a/c and the 6 new routes will be operated by the 2 based a/c.

In trim
28th Feb 2003, 07:22
I agree with GrahamK.....just because there MAY be a change in the number of BASED aircraft, this does not necessarily affect the routes to be operated.

johnwalton
28th Feb 2003, 21:37
I can't see EZY reducing the number of routes on offer, not with over 40,000 seats sold before the end of January.

In related newsFR are increasing their DUB frequency to twice daily, adding a late evening rotation.

Buster the Bear
28th Feb 2003, 22:41
easyJet shares have taken a hammering. Add to this the fact that yields were down last term by 6% means that pre-booked loads on all routes need to make a break even level or face the axe!

Look at the recent purchase of Buzz by the Harps, the only real value was the AOC and the Stansted slots. Upsetting a few staff and passengers is nothing to disturbing the stock market!

Low cost floated airlines are not operating for the good of the nation, but for profit to thier shareholders, FULL STOP!

My guess is that the DBA thing will fall apart, leaving BA with a huge bill, such is the downturn within the German economy?

Integration of Go into easy has cost a huge £18million. add this to the purchase price of £375million. Harps have struck a fine deal for thier owners, the shareholders?

As for Newcastle, I hope the routes all go ahead. easyJet have never let folk down hugely yet?

Redline
1st Mar 2003, 18:40
What is the rough timetable for expansion at NCL? I understood they were talking about up to 5 a/c by the end of the year. Is this true?

GrahamK
2nd Mar 2003, 11:36
I think it was actually, 5 a/c by the end of next year, and not this year.

dwlpl
5th Mar 2003, 14:15
Numbers of based easyJet aircraft at Newcastle:

April 2003 - 2
August 2003 - 3
Sometime (April?) in 2004 - 4