PDA

View Full Version : At last!!!

In Altissimus
26th Feb 2003, 15:17
It's been a long time coming, but I finally passed the GFT this afternoon :D In the end it took two flights a week apart as the x-wind went out of limits when we got back from the nav.

Have not sweated so much since I gave up the gym, and flew the worst I have for months. I thought exams were supposed to get easier as you got older - I felt like I did when I was a kid doing piano exams...

Time for a lemonade I think:rolleyes:

PPPPP
26th Feb 2003, 15:24
Congratulations! It must have been a strain waiting out the interval between the parts though. The odd milk-shake or two woud be perfectly justified...

BRL
26th Feb 2003, 15:29
Excellent news mate..!! Just watch them teeth of yours after a few lemonades.... :) :) Well done. :)

AerBabe
26th Feb 2003, 15:43
Great news! Now the hard part... waiting for your licence to come through the post. ;) :rolleyes:

flyingwysiwyg
26th Feb 2003, 16:40
Well Done Mate,

I can sympathise with the gym comment! Did mine at the end of January and looked like I'd done a couple of rounds with the WWF by the end of it!
:)

sennadog
26th Feb 2003, 16:46
Nice one matey. If you have the time it may be worth popping down to the CAA and handing in all of the paperwork yourself as it speeds things up a bit.

Now, you can spend even more money flying.:D

Aussie Andy
26th Feb 2003, 17:24
Thats the way mate! Well done - and as I have advised others, I'd suggest you find a like-minded also recently qualified / or at least sub-100hr say / buddy to team up with you for a few adventures... you'll halve the costs, double the experience, and have more fun!

Congratulations again - and ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION!

charlie-india-mike
26th Feb 2003, 17:28
BlokeInAnArcher

Congrats!.

Make sure that your paperwork for the CAA has all the i's dotted and all the t's crossed when you send it off or it will be back for correction as was mine and 2 others that I know of.

C-I-M

HelenD
26th Feb 2003, 21:14
Congratulations its a great feeling. Once the licence comes through you can take your first passanger that is a big responsibility though but fun

LowNSlow
27th Feb 2003, 10:53
Congratulations BIAA, enjoy the sherberts, you've earned them :ok: :ok:

Holloway
27th Feb 2003, 11:03
NICE :) How long does the licence take to come?? and can you fly or do u have to wait for it to come before u go flying??

Kolibear
27th Feb 2003, 11:05
Congratulations Bloke-etc :D :D

Look forward to seeing you at Duxford then?

In Altissimus
27th Feb 2003, 11:12
I got a long spiel from the CFI explaining that I couldn't fly pax until the physical licence arrives. Until then I can only fly solo, and 'student solo currency' rules apply for club hire (1 week!), so I think I might hang on until the real thing arrives.

For simplicity, I 'm letting the School do all the admin (they're probably more organised than me anyway!), and he said it's taking about 3 weeks to get the licence at the moment.

Holloway
27th Feb 2003, 11:21
Oh well, you done it and its on the way!!! Thats all that matters and I cant wait till im at ur stage. Mind you im half way and I remember looking and couldnt wait to do circuits, now im glad to be doing some Solo stuff. Im flying today to Sheerness for practice forced landings. First time away properly from the airport alone :)

G SXTY
4th Mar 2003, 22:09
(Hangs head in shame)

Bestist congratulations to you sir! Knew you'd do it - I'll see you in the clubhouse for my free pint!

MLS-12D
4th Mar 2003, 22:37
If you flew the worst that you have for months, and still met the standards, then it sounds like you should have no problems as a PPL. :)

Congratulations Bloke!

MLS-12D

P.S. Beats me why the examiner can't simply endorse your student permit so that you can enjoy PPL privileges pending receipt of your permanent license. Oh well, no point in opening that can of worms I guess.

Circuit Basher
5th Mar 2003, 06:44
Ah, but in UK we don't get a student permit - we just get handed the key to an aircraft and (if we're going out of the circuit) a sheet of paper from the CFI telling us what we're supposed to do, where we're supposed to go and when we're suposed to be back.

I've still got my Canadian Student Permit from around 1996, when I started PPL training - wonder whether they'll still recognise it??!!

[Edited by CB to add congratulations to BlokeInAnArcher and apologise for permitting the thread hijack to continue deflecting the glory from him! Well done - hope you get let lose in a hairyplane for Duxford!]