PDA

View Full Version : Did I touch a raw nerve Flight601/EP ?

GonvilleBromhead
19th Oct 2001, 14:31
The post raised by Flight601 re: questioning a school in Florida's solvency seems to have been pulled, very shortly after I asked whether there was a connection between that thread and another (quite similar in view).

The point is, don't slag off schools and plant the seed of rumour and doubt regarding their solvency or otherwise unless there is genuine just cause (even then be very careful), NOT in a bloody petty vendetta.

If you have a genuine grievance, take it through proper channels, not catcalling on here hoping to perhaps ruin their business !!! Very brave.

Grow up.
:mad: :mad:

ps. Flight601 you never answered my question, are you and English Pilot one in the same ?

[ 19 October 2001: Message edited by: GonvilleBromhead ]

laurie
19th Oct 2001, 16:14
GonvilleB just my thoughts...although it was quite easy to recognise as a stitch-up from an ex-student, there are better ways to air grievances.....what he was doing was quite unacceptable particularly in the current climate and could well have spelt serious problems for the school in question.

I have no idea what the school is like, but the thread was tending to be damaging without good (established) cause, and perhaps the person behind it will now realise the moderators on this forum will not put up with that sort of cr@p.

Laurie.

eagerbeaver
19th Oct 2001, 16:33
what was the title of the original post? i want to read so i know whats going on here.

regards nosey parker

sammartin
19th Oct 2001, 17:56
Hey - hang on one minute. 1) I am no way connected to Flight 601. And secondly, if you get a copy of the Evening Standard for last week (Tues/Weds?) then you will see what I mean. I was certainly not making it up! But yes I do admit I have grievances with this flight school, as do many, many others. But I will not name the school to damage anymore than it already has been.

Crosswind Limits
19th Oct 2001, 22:43
EP,

If I recall from your initial posting on this subject awhile back, you did everything but name the school in question. There were so many hints and indicators that it was easy to work out to which school you were referring to. Anyone with any knowledge of flight training in Florida and the UK would come to the same conclusion (IMO). The fact that you did not mention the school by name was an empty gesture! Take your grievances elsewhere please!!

Crosswind Limits
20th Oct 2001, 01:18
EnglishPilot,

I have just done a search and recovered extracts from a couple of your postings on the subject and I quote verbatim –

"I was just wondering if any of you pilots out there had done your flight training at a certain flight training school in Kissimmee, Orlando, Florida? It is in association with a well-known english company in the UK."

From another thread 3 weeks later –

"Why would you want to go to OFT anyhow? They really have gone down hill in the past 6 months, I've heard so many bad stories about them, stay well away is my advice."

Crystal clear I think!

[ 19 October 2001: Message edited by: Crosswind Limits ]

Go-Around
22nd Oct 2001, 01:07
EnglishPilot did indeed name the school involved in one of his earlier posts then quickly edited it. I have the hard copy if anyone legal wants it.
GA