PDA

View Full Version : Travel insurance for pilots?

QDMQDMQDM
25th Feb 2003, 15:06
Does anyone have any tips as to how where to get travel insurance as a pilot / non-fare paying passenger? So far, I haven't managed at all.

Thanks,

QDM

FlyingForFun
25th Feb 2003, 15:22
There are usually some ads in the back of the aviation mags. I can personally recommend Traffords. Do read the small-print though - Traffords standard policy doesn't cover you for aerobatics, but a short phone-call and some friendly service from them (and a little more cash from me) soon fixed that.

FFF
-------------

Hufty
25th Feb 2003, 16:15
I used Preferential insurance a couple of years ago - they offered a pretty good policy and their underwriters seem to understand all about private flying which makes a change.

I need to renew it soon as I'm off to the US again in May, but having literally (and coincidentally) got off the phone to them just now, the policy doesn't seem to have changed.

sennadog
25th Feb 2003, 17:54
As FFF stated - Traffords. Mine covers both Sennadogs for flying, sailing and skiing excluding Aerobatics/Display Flying and any competition of any kind for not a lot more than a standard policy.

0870 9000 331.

QDMQDMQDM
25th Feb 2003, 20:37
Thanks, everybody. Weather permitting, I'm off glacier landing in a Super Cub tomorrow, so will try and get the phone call in before. :eek:

I'll let you know how it was.

QDM

sennadog
26th Feb 2003, 10:09
There are glaciers in Devon? We're going down for a long weekend soon and I was hoping it would be warmer than that!