PDA

View Full Version : klm flight academy

actionman02
18th Oct 2001, 02:59
Got a question for all you klm pilots or anyone else who might know.
What do you think about the klm flight academy and it's graduates these days.
I'm wondering because i did the selection procedure and finished and am now wondering if i made the right choice. Heard some negative things lately, and that some different schools in the netherlands might be better nowadays. Heard that klm flight acadmey graduates are no longer in a favourable position with klm or any airline to that matter compared to nls, epst, dfa or iac students anymore. Heard it doesn't matter where you get your training.
I would like to know what you guys thinks about this and about kfa's current reputation.
Thanks

Bob

RVR800
18th Oct 2001, 12:51
Ryanair rate them - didnt they take 30
200 hr graduates from there recently?

The advantage of JAR (for employers) is
recruitment can easily take place from
other countries with JAA licencing in place

+TS
19th Oct 2001, 19:25
According my information the Ryanair guys are from the "NLS". This is the Schreiner school.
The KLS is as far as I know a good training institute maintaining JAR-FCL standards and delivering it's pilots to KLM and Lufthansa with less than 200 hrs.

Flying_Steph
20th Oct 2001, 04:14
The KLS ??? Huh... :confused:

I thought they went down the tube and that all the aircraft were parked nearby Tucson (Ryan). :confused:

Apparently they hired US CFI's, sent them in Europe to be JAR-FCLized, but then the guys took that as a nice paid holiday and left ! So the school never really took off because they didn't have enough instructors.

BTW, the Sabena Flight Academy (Scottsdale) is also going down and aircraft seem to be already looking for new owners. So that leaves the Lufthansa academy (Goodyear) as the last European FTO in the Phoenix area, isn'it ???

actionman1
21st Oct 2001, 16:40
Actually what happened to the kls in the U.S.A. is that they moved from Arizona to Fort Pierce Florida, at what I think is called the Pan Am flight academy.
The second part of the flying takes place in the Netherlands