PDA

View Full Version : FAA schools in the UK..

captmav
24th Feb 2003, 23:31
Hi folks,

Anyone know any schools looking for an FAA CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI..???

Heck of a shot in the dark but if anyone has any ideas they would be gratefully recieved. I'm an English 'dude', been working in the US, had a great time but blighty calls...or is that the missus demanding my return..!!!! hmm not sure on that one...

cheers people,

Captmav..

Mark 1
25th Feb 2003, 10:25
I think you'll find that you need a UK or JAR qualification to give any kind of instruction in the UK. I haven't heard of anywhere specifically training for FAA licences or ratings.

Article 29 or the ANO:

Instruction in flying
29 (1) A person shall not give any instruction in flying to which this article applies unless:
(a) he holds a licence, granted or rendered valid under this Order or a JAA licence,
entitling him to act as pilot in command of the aircraft for the purpose and in the
circumstances under which the instruction is to be given; and
(b) his licence includes an instructor’s rating entitling the holder to give the instruction.
(2) This article applies to instruction in flying given to any person flying or about to fly a flying
machine or glider for the purpose of becoming qualified for:
(a) the grant of a pilot’s licence; and
(b) the inclusion or variation of any rating in his licence.

The Yank
26th Feb 2003, 08:56
You can work in the UK on an FAA licence. When I moved to the UK I worked for 1 1/2 years under my FAA CFI CFII Call a Guy in Norwich see what he says
Tom Hughston
American Flight Training
01603 301 902

Good Luck!