PDA

View Full Version : a question about hours

eagerbeaver
17th Oct 2001, 13:23
boring though this topic is i am a little confused...
According to Jar regs a person must have 100 hours PIC to be able to instruct. Now my question is, does P1 u/s count towards P1 because you are effectively the commander?

EGDR
17th Oct 2001, 15:50
Pre requisite requirements for FI(A) rating

inc
completed at least 200 hrs of flight time of which at least 100 hours shall be as pilot-in-command if holding an ATPL(A) or CPL(A) or 150 hours as pilot-in-command if holding a PPL(A)

My gut feeling is that you can't use P1 u/s as anything that is u/s implies you are not PIC but best to double cx that one

Cough
17th Oct 2001, 18:59
100/150 hours aside....

I would say you could use you P.1/s time - I certainly did include it in the P.1 column when applying for my ATPL.

Example of why - Say on your PPL GFT, you pass. You get to mark that time as P.1/s, but if you fail the time goes down as Pu/t. In the first case you have demonstrated the ability to be the commander and in the second you have not.

scroggs
17th Oct 2001, 23:43
P1u/s is most certainly NOT pilot-in-command. It is exactly what it says - under supervision, i.e. the buck stops with someone else. As I understand it, the requirement for 100 hours pic also means exactly what it says - on your own, or with passengers. Not with an instructor carrying the can.

Capt Wannabe
18th Oct 2001, 00:00
But SPIC is counted as Pilot-In-Command for the purposes of license issue (upto a maximum of course). I'm sure I included the P1u/s as well.
If you are flying as SPIC or P1u/s and the 'Commander' has to take control then I think I am right in saying that this must be logged as dual :confused: Not 100% sure

eagerbeaver
18th Oct 2001, 21:54
Its a tricky question, i think p1 u/s can be treated as P1 as that is the whole point of it (most of mine is logged as single engine IFR) if not then why do you do it - it seems if not as scroggs commented then only to create a more complicated log book and rise questions like this?
I need to read the definitions in the JAR FCL section. Will post it if anyone's interested.

ta ta for now