PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam flights London-manston

serko
24th Feb 2003, 08:28
on the new london manston website www.london-manston.com
they are saying they expect to announce a scheduled Amsterdam service shortly. does anyone know anything about this?

A Very Civil Pilot
24th Feb 2003, 13:33
Not specifically, but Scotairways/KLM have just announced a code share on SOU-AMS.

If Manston finally get around to sorting out a scheduled carrier, it could be someone like them.

Buggs Bunny
1st Mar 2003, 20:42
London-Manston.
Is someone having a laugh.

Where next London-Manchester!

Buster the Bear
1st Mar 2003, 20:53
Now I would have thought the best route possible from Manston would be to Tirana! Full Govt support and plenty of one way passengers!

EAC have been making a go of the route for some while from Stansted. Charter only of course.

Meeb
1st Mar 2003, 21:28
Civil pilot, the route you mention has been a code share since day one! SAY will not be doing the new route from Manston, they are too busy going out of business...

WHBM
2nd Mar 2003, 08:46
Meeb

Well I very much hope Scot AW keep going. They have unfailingly pleasant and obliging staff. Example at Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago: I walk into the terminal at 16:50 with reservations on the 18:00 to LCY. The 17:00 is shown on the indicators to be Closed. I go up to check-in and say "I suppose I've missed the 17:00". The reply is a pleasant "let me see, sir", a phone call to baggage straight away to ask if they can take another pax with hold baggage, yes is the answer, several people snap to it, and I'm home an hour early. Thank you.

One of the greatest losses of the security paranoia is that the overall concept of how to run a business, around customer satisfaction, has gone out of the window. And yet the two are quite unconnected. So well done Scot AW for continuing to show the majors what is possible.

lgtjanssen
2nd Mar 2003, 19:42
I hate to bring some bad news but no airline is scheduling a Manston - Amsterdam flight (at least not yet). The website does only say that there is probably a big demand for such a service (although given the overcapcity on the Amsterdam - London sector I doubt this). Moreover there isn't any airline (at present) who has applied for slots at Amsterdam for a scheduled Manston - Amsterdam service for summer 2003.

Avman
4th Mar 2003, 18:53
Anyone remember Air Kent in 1979? They operated two PA-31s out of Manston on scheduled services. Brussels was one of the routes. I flew with them once from Brussels to Manston on an ID90 and I was the only pax! I think they lasted just a few weeks.

surely not
5th Mar 2003, 19:34
Sorry Meeb but you are incorrect. Scot and KLM had a code share initially when Scot took over the SOU-AMS route, but this was terminated by Scot, and they operated as a point to point carrier. So if the rumour is true it is a code share being re-instated,
:D

Meeb
5th Mar 2003, 19:47
surely not, ok, fair comment, so does this mean there is some truth in the rumour that SAY are taking over STN-AMS for KLM..? But then again, they are making more Pilots redundant so I doubt it...