PDA

View Full Version : easyJet, Prague and East Midlands expansion

Buster the Bear
21st Feb 2003, 17:30
Fri 21 Feb 2003

easyJet plans to increase Prague presence

easyJet wants to increase the number of passengers it flies between the UK and Prague by 25% to 500,000 a year.
Rafael Aragones, the airline’s manager for southern Europe and the Czech Republic, told Reuters: ‘We want to open more flights and more destinations…we are considering connecting Prague with the places in the UK [easyJet currently flies to] and the continent.’
He added the airline also hoped to increase the number of Czech passengers on board to 20% from the current 15% by launching a Czech language section on its website this spring.

Separately, easyJet CE, Ray Webster, said the airline was looking to expand its operations from East Midlands Airport. Speaking at the launch of a scheme to attract more investment and jobs to the region, Webster said: ‘We’ll put as much capacity into EMA as it requires. We have expanded very quickly to where we are today. We’re considering greater frequency on routes and new destinations.’

Webster added he expected all routes from EMA to show an operating profit by the end of easyJet’s financial year in September.

The airline inherited a ready-made base at EMA following its takeover of rival Go in August 2002. Go launched flights from the airport on 14 March last year.

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/flag2/cz.gif

Evil J
21st Feb 2003, 18:06
Must have something to do with the super slick air traffic control service provided!!!!!

Buster the Bear
21st Feb 2003, 18:40
I think I have put this in the wrong forum!

I will be shot!

Wee Weasley Welshman
22nd Feb 2003, 12:10
Well I'm a big fan of EMA ATC.

almost professional
22nd Feb 2003, 14:44
I should think so too !-but we won't ask why:D

MJR
24th Feb 2003, 15:37
I will

WHY?

and to comply with PPRUNE Protacal