PDA

View Full Version : PFA on Non JAA ICAO Licence? Mk2

pilotwolf
18th Feb 2003, 19:51
I originally posted this on Questions as I thought it get the best chance of a reply. But it was moved to Rotorheads...

I have decided as it doesn't appear to be appropiate for Questions to repost it here instead as I think there are probably more PTF pilots here than Rotorheads

PFA on Non JAA ICAO Licence?

I am looking to buy a share in a helicopter which is on a Permit to Fly. The cost of the share includes the training for and the type rating.

The problem is I have a FAA licence and for this type of machine a type rating is not required an therefore ther is no way of putting the type on my licence.

The CAA tell me tough! I can't pay anyone for training for the type as it is on a PtoF and I hold a non JAA ICAO licence, (which I am in the process of converting to JAA). I said to the nice man OK I guess I ll have to wait until after the conversion and he says sorry but you still won't be able to put it on your shiny new, £+++, licence as the JAR don't reconise the type either. There bottom line is I can never fly this type of machine in the UK!

Has anyone else had similar problems and if so how did you overcome them? Or indeed are the CAA 'misinformed' of the regs.