PDA

View Full Version : Flying career but not with Airlines

Deputy Dog
14th Jan 2002, 19:59
Assuming you are not interested in working for an airline but prefer air cargo/taxi work, using leased or own aircraft (i.e. types of aircraft ... Cessna caravan, Dehavilland Otter etc ...). What is the minimum qualifications you need to do this and get paid !!

If you lease only N reg aircraft, would it be better to get a FAA quals rather than JAR ??

GJB
14th Jan 2002, 20:27
I think, under the new rules, you will still need a CPL (BCPL is no longer issued)and for that matter, you wont be much use without an IR.

But, if you dont intend ever flying pax, then you will 'only' have to study the CPL writtens and not the ATPL's.

Landing Gear
15th Jan 2002, 00:25
I did a Frozen ATPL, now I've got no job, no prospects, only 200hrs and no more money to do a FI course or to move on forward in aviation.

I just wanted to post this to show that some haven't quite made it and are a long way away from anything.

However, I'm hoping things will pick up and I'm hoping that one day even I'll get some kind of a job.

All the best.

davidpowell
15th Jan 2002, 17:25
Not really a response to the opening question, but just to show a little concern at the state of mind of landing gear.

You have posted something similar in another thread, and if not a wind up of some kind, sound on the edge of depression. Why don't you look for a job outside of flying for a while, if you look I have seen a few threads recently for jobs to do while training. May give you some ideas.

Regards

Landing Gear
15th Jan 2002, 19:01
Not a wind up devap, just feeling a bit low, done all that hard work and can't find a flying job.
I wouldn't mind any flying job even taxi job in a rusty Cessna would be great, the pay doesn't have to be brilliant either.

I will be going back to my old job to earn some money and perhaps if possible fly at the weekends to keep at least half current.

All the best.

LG