PDA

View Full Version : tattoe policy

mkeelan
11th Feb 2003, 16:13
anyone know cathay's hiring policy regarding tattoe's? i have from some that you can't get on with CX if you have any tattoes, even if they are inconspicuous. anyone know the real deal? what if you had a tattoe somwhere on your arm or leg where it wasn't visible under clothes, do they have a policy against that?

please, only real answers from people who know.

thanx

jtr
11th Feb 2003, 16:49
Don't know the "policy", but there was until a few years ago a base training captain with fairly obvious tatts on his forearms.

HotDog
12th Feb 2003, 01:08
Ten toes are preferable to "tattoes".:p

skippy777
15th Feb 2003, 10:12
I have one and got hired.

Fester
17th Feb 2003, 12:54
I have a tattoo on my back, and still got hired as well.

Good luck.

Midnight Rambler
20th Feb 2003, 07:19
Didn't hold me back.

Borneo Wild Man
27th Feb 2003, 00:05
The nurse loves the one on my arse! ! !

arryboy
5th Mar 2003, 14:08
I'm not sure about tattoes but does Cathay have a policy against any other vegtables?

Just an other number
6th Mar 2003, 16:12
.mkeelan
o bgr
I've been resisting this for weeks but can't stop myself any longer.
Right moosh.
Your problem with CX is not the tattoos
It's your crap English.
And this is more likely to jeopardise your chances than the tats.
Tattoo is the correct spelling for one and the plural is tattoos.
Not tattoe's !!
In the rest of your post -
'i have from some'
does this mean 'I have heard from someone'?
'what if you have a tattoe somwhere on your arm or leg where it wasn't visible'
please...

lizzard
6th Mar 2003, 22:04
another number...

In Mkeelans defense.....(one times rum and coke for me) ....
bear with me for a second, but I always thought, and has been proven to me by some of the greatest captains I've flown with...who had to concentrate to spell their own names right, that spelling ( which is controlled by the left lobe of the brain) does not nearly have as much importance as other aspects like lateral thinking, multitasking, problem solving, intuition, reaction time and mathematical understanding ( which is controlled by the right lobe of the brain) to safely operate an aircraft.

....mmm... just a thought And when it comes to writing a C.V. there is always spellcheck for such unfortunate dyslexics....

As long as it doesn't look like you've been slapped by a comic book with wet ink... who's gonna know? the nurse won't tell, will she?

thegypsy
10th Mar 2003, 09:00
What a tattoo illustrates so aptly is the type of person now coming into aviation as Pilots generally,due in part to the downgrading of the job over years.:eek:

BlueEagle
10th Mar 2003, 10:28
..or the increasing acceptance, availability and safety of tatooing?

Just playing devil's advocate here as I am of a certain age and don't personally like tatoos.

What do the rest of Fragrant Harbour think?:)

thegypsy
10th Mar 2003, 16:28
Mark my words. It will not be long before someone asks whether it will hurt their prospects of getting a job if they wear their 'Earrings' {So called men that is!}