PDA

View Full Version : JAA Studies " Airmed V Aeromadrid"

Squak2002
3rd Feb 2003, 11:49
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone had information on AIRMED in Spain. They offer a JAR licence and seem to be a decent outfit.
Any information would be grateful, so if anyone was there or thinking of going please let me know!

Also, If anyone has studied at Airmed or Aeromadrid, is it harder to find a job in the business. Althought its the same european rating, are the regarded as the same or are the UK courses better?

Thanks

madman1145
3rd Feb 2003, 15:13
Hi Squak2002;

I've visited Spain last summer, looking at 5 schools ..
That included Airmed, Aerofan and AeroMadrid ..
I visited the first two - Didn't visit AeroMadrid even that they seemed to be a good school, but I had a hard time getting response from them on emails within a reasonable time (within 1-2 weeks) - and in the end I couldn't get a confirmation from them, if there were classes done in English (found that only Airmed, Aerofan and BAe Systems does that in Spain) ..
But other schools (incl. my own choice) tells me that they have a good reputation ..

The other two answered fast (usually about 1-2 days) and precise and it was a bit difficult to see in Denmark the difference on them by my questions - they got about 35-40 questions on different emails ..

When I visited these two schools, I found them to be VERY different. VERY. After the visit I had to conclude that one of them was much better than I thought and I was happy to see what I found and what the students (talked to 5-6 students) at the school tolled me about it - only 1 or 2 negative things, for instance last summer they had several breakdowns on their C-172 fleet - something that should be solved now from what I know ..
And the other one - ehmmm - the other one was the other way, lets just say that :* ..
You can see my choice in my profile ..

I've made a long thorough report about my visit on another site, www.pilots.dk but it's in Danish - sorry - If you know a Dane be my guest to read it ..

likair
13th Feb 2003, 16:56
Hello again,

Any other information about AirMed!!?

I have just recieved a video which gives quite a good description of what the Flight school can offer!

I want some other info from those who had or are having an ATPL Course there!

Thanks for your help and info.
Cheers and good luck

Regards
Likair

likair
5th Mar 2003, 16:53
Hello there

Thanks for your attention!!