PDA

View Full Version : www, Scroggs et al

bow5
18th Dec 2001, 16:17
I know this has been said many times before on this site but as it's the end of the year (well, near enough) i'd just like to say THANKYOU for giving up your time and effort to keep this website going and for providing this invaluable service.

I personally have had (and am still having) a pretty crappy year due to the illness of a close family member and trying to juggle a planned career and home comittments has not been easy. It has been a great release to be able to come on here and 'speak' with like minded people with an interest and passion for aviation. The wealth of information available for would-be pilots is, as far as i'm aware, un-rivalled on the net.

So once again thanks, keep up the good work and Merry Christmas. :D

[ 18 December 2001: Message edited by: bow5 ]

BIG BLACK RAT
18th Dec 2001, 16:27
Here here ! ! !

Merry xmas ;)

Sagey
18th Dec 2001, 16:32
Will third that

Has been a strange year, the joy of graduation and finally getting out of Uni sadly over turned by the inability to find long term work bar temping and the total decline in the aviation industry.

Lets hope 2002 is better for everyone.

Sagey

monkeyboy
18th Dec 2001, 16:40
Indeed! Thanks chaps. It could be quite easy for you "made-its" to turn around and say "Right, sod those Wannabes, I'm not one of those anymore" and then carry on with your line flying etc...and leave us lost at sea! Thanks for all the advice and guidance. I think everybody would agree that this forum is most valuable.

Happy Christmas and Happy New Year!

MB :)

Atlanta
18th Dec 2001, 17:04
I should like to add my own expression of thanks to those already posted.

Merry Christmas Weasles, Scroggs and Co and job security for the New Year.

Wee Weasley Welshman
18th Dec 2001, 17:05
Thank you for the thank you. It has been indeed a very turbulent year. My first commercial jet job, a fantastic hiring market falling off a cliff and, of course, those images of beautiful airliners being used as instruments of death.

Lets all hope for a quick upturn next year. I still think it will be a good 2 years before Wannabe hiring prospects will return to levels other than very poor. I hope I am wrong.

Have a Merry Christmas,

G SXTY
18th Dec 2001, 17:50
Yep, would agree with everything that’s been said.

WWW in particular has taken a lot of unwarranted stick in the last couple of months by people who use their anonymity to hurl abuse at the messenger. This takes attention away from the vast majority of wannabes who get more support and information from these pages than they could ever hope to find elsewhere.

Keep up the good work chaps – it is very much appreciated.

BillyFish2
18th Dec 2001, 17:56
I'd like to add my thanks also. WWW, Scroggs, IFR + many others from both airlines and FTO's have made a huge difference in what ended being a bloody awful year for wannabees + recent grads.

I think one or two of us might have walked away altogether (especially those of us not getting any younger) had it not been for the useful + realistic advice and even the odd ray of optimism these people came up with.

Thanks again and Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year.

[ 18 December 2001: Message edited by: BillyFish2 ]

tailscrape
18th Dec 2001, 22:26
Yep, generally an excellent job! well done.

I agree that things will probably take a little while to recover, but I believe the worst days (bar further horrors) are behind us.

Here's hoping we can move forward with cautious optimism into 2002.

Keep looking, the phone will ring one day.

Big Bad Dom
19th Dec 2001, 01:28
Agreed. Many thanks to you all for your help to everyone who needs it in what must be not a lot of spare time.

scroggs
20th Dec 2001, 04:36
Guys and girls,
like WWW I'd like to say thank you for your appreciation. Thanks to the many of you that e-mail us directly, I know that the majority of the serious Wannabes do appreciate what we do. Those of you who attended the latest seminar will know that we don't do this for financial gain, but simply to put something back into the system that we have enjoyed for some - OK, many - years. Our individual opinions are as likely to be wide of the mark as those that you hear in your local pub - but at least we can justify our ramblings!
It's been a very odd kind of year, with recruiting going well right up to September 11th and then stopping altogether. It will get better! It can't get worse...
There is, of course, the possibility that the terrorists will score another hit against civil aviation. We all hope not, but we must all accept that it may happen - as must anyone involved with any kind of public-access facility in the West. Whether it happens or not, we must all accept the responsibility for promoting and revitalising the industry that we all depend on, whether we are Wannabes or DFOs.
Anyway, enough of that. A great Christmas and a lucky New Year to all of you. Go to the next seminar!