PDA

View Full Version : MCC Rumour/query

mintfavour
18th Dec 2001, 01:23
One of the flying instructors at my flying club has heard, that as from next year, self improvers (modular and intergrated) will not have to pay for there own MCC courses any more, as a new regulation will make the airlines pay for the course as and when they take on new pilots.

The instructor who told me this infomation is on the old national licence and is instructing while waiting for an airline job. He has recently completed the MCC for £5000, so as you can guess he isnt very happy about this news .

I dont know how much of the above is true or whether it just applies to the old licence, or to the JAA aswell.

Can anyone else shed more light on this.

cheers
mint

Matthewjharvey
18th Dec 2001, 01:27
Anyone that paid 5000 quid for an MCC shouldn't be very happy.

mintfavour
18th Dec 2001, 02:00
have to admit I thought that was a bit much too

moggie
18th Dec 2001, 02:06
Rubbish! Why should an airline pay for an MCC? They don't have to pay for your ATPL! However, an airline is at liberty to do your MCC as part of the type conversion if they are approved for MCC training (and many are not).

Anyone who pays £5000 for an MCC was robbed - we charge less than that (a lot less) and ours is one of the best MCCs going.

Unlike some, we don't rush you through it all in 8 days - we take a minimum of two weeksa nd give you time to actually learn something, rather than just experiencing it!

MJR
19th Dec 2001, 14:09
I have heard this rumour too. However my understanding is that the ephasis is not on getting an airline to pay, but the validity of the various MCC's is being questioned when in fact most airline conduct there own in conjunction with the type rating which is obviously assessed where as an MCC is not.

I'm sure while MCC still exists ,most airlines would favour a candidate with MCC as opposed tho those without. And it must also be beneficial when attending a sim check prior to recruitment.

I'm going to do MCC regardless.

cheers

MJR

Polar_stereographic
19th Dec 2001, 14:29
MJR,

If rumour proves true, it might be worth holding fire for the moment. Lets face it, it's not as if the jobs are around the corner.

I'm in a similar position to you, and my feeling is that it'll be worth holding back for the time being.

PS