PDA

View Full Version : New forum on Aircraft History and Nostalgia open

CamelPilot
17th Dec 2001, 21:40
A brand new forum, for aviation nuts of all kinds. Retired like me, but still with the bug that daily courses the veins from which there is no know cure.

When this forum was first muted, I wanted to ensure that it would be possible to express every facet of aviation. With contributions and discussions from display pilots, from test pilots, from Captains or FO's of some of the world's most brilliant aircraft sallying forth to their hearts content about the great steeds they have had strapped to their rears.

From fighter pilots old an new. I will get some input from BoB pilots I hope. Our friend John Farley will make a contribution or two and I will, a little at a time, pick out a few of the precious aeroplanes I have flown.

Talk about 'old' aircraft if you can, but this doesn't mean that you must, talk of the olden and golden days too.

Just let go and let people know how you feel and how you felt about your careers and your memories. Get the log books out and pinpoint those great moments.

That's it for now. I have officially opened the forum so please enjoy it - with each other. I'll get ringing old friends. Now where is that telephone number of he who used to fly Constellations for Britannia.

I want to make the forum one of the MOST read on PPRuNe.