PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATP Validation

erjdriver
16th Dec 2001, 07:16
As I am approaching 1500 hours on a multi-crew aeroplane and currently working on the jaa written exams, I stated inquiring about the validation clouse. Of course, I had no luck with the jaa, so I'll ask the experts on this board.
Do I need to sit a flight exam in order for my FAA ATP to be validated? Can I work professionally with a validated license?

Any input is highly appreciated.

erikv
16th Dec 2001, 12:59
erjdriver,

I don't think you'll get any credit other than your experience. The text below is a cut-n-paste from JAA's website:

[JAR-FCL 1.016 - Credit Given to a Holder of a Licence Issued by a Non-JAA State
Date: June 1, 2000

An applicant for a JAR-FCL licence and IR, if applicable, already holding at least an equivalent licence issued in accordance with ICAO Annex 1 by a non-JAA State shall meet all the requirements of JAR-FCL, except that the requirements of course duration, number of lessons and specific training hours may be reduced. The Authority may be guided as to the credits to be granted on the basis of a recommendation from an appropriate training organisation.]

[Amdt. 1, 01.06.00]

Erik.

rolling circle
16th Dec 2001, 13:58
Assuming that you hold a JAA Class 1 medical and have passed all of the theoretical knowledge examinations, you will then need to pass the JAA ATPL Skill Test.

Assuming that you have a multi-pilot type (as defined by AMC-FCL 1.220) on your ICAO licence and have more than 500 hours PIC on that type then you may take the ATPL Skill Test on that type without further training. However, if you do not have the required experience on type or if you wish to take the ATPL Skill Test on a different type then you will have to complete an approved type rating training course.

This is the UK interpretation of the requirements. Other Member States may have different interpretations.

fms146
17th Dec 2001, 04:40
erjdriver

Email me at [email protected] and I will give you all the info you need. The short answer to both you questions is yes but I will explain how you must go about it. You must of course have the right to work in the UK if that is your plan. that would be a matter between you and the imigration Dept.