PDA

View Full Version : Free 5 day forecasts for UK, IR, FR, BE, NL

Aussie Andy
28th Jan 2003, 09:11
I have just seen the new improved site at http://www.weatherweb.net/aviation.htm and I think its great, especially the 5 day forecasts which include estimate for each area of cloud coverage and height of the cloudbase, which I think is great as a planning tool e.g. when looking ahead to the weekend!

Andy

(No, I am not an employee or otherwise associated with these guys, just a happy customer :))

GT
28th Jan 2003, 09:40
Impressive. Thanks for pointing it out AA.

Regards, GT.

Archard
28th Jan 2003, 10:58
Another good weather site I use is: www.phd.nl/aviation/wx/ which provides 5 day forecasts, satelite views, probable cloud cover and precipitation, etc., plus some USAF input and has been totally free for as long as I have used it. Well worth a look.

Paul A.

Aussie Andy
28th Jan 2003, 11:15
G'day Archard,

I agree PHD is a great site, but where do they have the 5-day forecasts you mention?

I too use PHD regularly - I know that they have the Bracknell and USAF forectas charts for example - but I haven't seen the 5-day forecasts with cloud-base projections on there as I now see on the weatherweb site. Perhaps I missed them?

Cheers,

Andy

Flyin'Dutch'
28th Jan 2003, 11:53
Hi Andy

Great site and blooming quick too.

Thanks for that

FD (Now is that more than 12 words?)

Archard
28th Jan 2003, 13:40
Hi Aussie Andy,

Having double checked I agree that you would not be able to obtain a five day cloud forecast from this site, as it is only a three day one and, of course, I realise that this may not be sufficient for your purposes. However, this is balanced by the precipitation forecast which is a six day one!

I was going to direct you to the cloud cover forecast, but you have obviously found it with your query re the number of days!

With apologies for the erroneous information, but still a great site.

Paul A.