PDA

View Full Version : OAT Airline Partner Programme

Sky Blue
15th Dec 2001, 23:43
I have been wondering wether or not to bother applying to this course(Airline Partner Programme), one reason for not applying is the cost. However as Oxford has told me the course does provide added security as the students get to go through their training in conjunction with partner Airlines including bmi, British Euro and others.

I have also found it very difficult to get any information about the course from Oxford. As yet I am waiting to hear when the aptitude tests will begin to get onto the course which starts in Feb 02, I should have had this info last week.

With a change in MD and lack of customer service is this course going to be worth it? :confused:

Paul Hickley
16th Dec 2001, 05:43
If you are having any difficulty getting information, e-mail Richard Anderson, our Marketing Manager directly. Richard will want to sort it out and also to find out why you had a problem in the first place. He is on [email protected].

More generally, you may wish to know that this topic has already been debated quite fully on the following threads:

65K plus for an ATPL 28 Aug 2001

A case for the OAT partnership programme 05 Sep 2001.

Note that both of them were written before Sep 11. Also the first one was quite heavily amended, partly by people changing their minds as the arguments developed and deleting their previous posts, and also because the moderators removed some offensive remarks by a known trouble-maker. This makes some of the replies difficult to follow because you can no longer see what they were referring to. But you'll still get the general gist of the discussion.

Paul

[ 16 December 2001: Message edited by: Paul Hickley, Gen Nav Spec, Oxford ]

[ 16 December 2001: Message edited by: Paul Hickley, Gen Nav Spec, Oxford ]

MagCheck
17th Dec 2001, 05:17
Having been through Oxford (especially considering the current climate)I would look to simply do the standard course and not the Airline Partnership course.

The main reason for the standard course is because in approx 18 months the outlook is much better. Also the job assistance that you get at Oxford CAN be good, more often though it tends to be OK. So why pay the extra cost for the Airline Course?

However from first hand experience and other peoples, the one area I would point out to you is that the course takes longer than the 56-60 weeks that OATS advertise. Allowing for wx, etc, on average you would be looking at around 14 - 16months. Not a great deal longer but something to bear in mind when calculating living costs and form filling at the bank! Worse case go 18 months!

Hope this is of some help.