PDA

View Full Version : Summer 2003

250 kts
23rd Jan 2003, 21:05
Bearing in mind that NATS is strapped for cash(unless you're a senior manager in which case the bonus is always paid),what are you prepared to do in terms of improved efficiencies to help them improve service to the customers this coming summer?

63000 Triple Zilch
23rd Jan 2003, 21:30
NATS are facing disaster this summer if I and others like me don't pull out the stops to help this summer!
So therefore this is what I for one am prepared to contribute
1, I will of course ensure the DORO use me for all my AAVA's even changing my shifts at short notice. This will help to accomodate those highly pressured staff of the DORO who always do their best to ensure the smooth and flawless running of the system.
2, I will wherever possible Stretch SCRATCOH to breaking point to ensure I am always fit for he long hours that I should put in during the busy periods.
3, I will sell back summer leave to help out management as they have promised the NATS board that delays this summer will be less than last year.This I do because I know that they are attempting this with less staff than last summer, and I am certain that they have a master plan of which I am not worthy to be consulted.
4,I will be happy to assist in all aspects of LAS work knowing this to be a good and noble cause.After all these supervisors have years of experience that very day they are putting to good use
5, As an OJTI I will endeavour to push through my trainees giving up my own radar time to ensure the speedy validation of students. This will have the effect of allowing LACC management to congratulate themselves that they have finally solved the eternal problem of resourcing training whilst not reducing service delivery. I understand that once staffing levels are at the desired levels management will then be in a much stronger position to attack my working practices.
I do all this in the full and certain knowledge that at all times I will have the full backing of my management should I fail to come up to scratch in all these areas!!
I TRUST MY MANAGEMENT!!
Finally when I fail my medical on the grounds of senility I know they will support me

24th Jan 2003, 07:33
Gosh triple zee, it's almost as if we will have to do what we're paid to do. Are you sure you're in the right job? I think I saw a vacancy in Lancashire on this site. Good luck at the interview!

Not Long Now
24th Jan 2003, 09:21
Gosh, you're right, heaven forbid we actually work to our contract. NATS would grind to a halt instantly!
On my watch, there are 26 area controllers, only 5 of whom actually work to their contract, of whom 3 have been valid less than a year! The other 21 all do extra validations not contractually required, not to mention OJTI, LCE, assessors, verifiers, working groups and various other things that make the world go round.
The company does not recognise this good will, and probably won't until everyone decides they've had enough and actually does what they're paid for. And if that happens, it'll be place your bets for the first, of many, airlines to go bust.
And what do we get from management... Gosh aren't we doing well, isn't everything rosey, and where's my bonus!!!!!!

63000 Triple Zilch
24th Jan 2003, 22:32
Not long now, of course you have hit the nail on the head!! The aim is to ensure that a very able controller is also.......... an LCE.............an examiner......an attestor.......an assessor...........an OJTI........maybe a training officer..... then make him a reporting manager.The secret is to give him no time to do these tasks and to negotiate a scheme where he only gets paid a supplement for being ANY not all of these, so you save money all ways. This is the secret of good management..... I know!!!!!! Maybe I have a future in NATS as I can go through life fooling all of the managers all of the time

mainecoon
24th Jan 2003, 22:57
YOUR VIEW COUNTS!

lets just see how far that runs:mad:

250 kts
27th Jan 2003, 17:05
Well people are obviously prepared to give management vey little this summer. it is obvious that they will be requiring more flexible rostering from us and unless they are completely stupid some kind of stand-by duty has to be a possibility a la airlines.

Should we be prepared to bail them out or let them sweat on another unacceptable summer delay wise? I understand a joint management/Prospect group is already established thinking of ways to help things along.

Nogbad the Bad
31st Jan 2003, 23:23
I wouldn't even give CC and his cronies the skin off a f**t !!!!!!!!!

Let's hope that this summer, our glorous "management" (and here I am referring to those that have contuinually pulled the wool over Kenny's eyes, and got away with it) will be seen to be what they really are !!

SACK THEM...that willl go a lonnnnnnngggggg way to boosting what morale there is left !

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

atco-matic
1st Feb 2003, 07:58
The problem with standby duties is that they wouldnt actually be standby duties as you will almost always get called in! I can't for one minute see NATS letting staff relax at home when they could be at work.

5milesbaby
1st Feb 2003, 08:45
As there are many that have signed up for overtime, the problem of staffing will be slightly relieved, as long as they know the times we REALLY NEED THE EXTRA STAFF, and not just rostering them randomly on cr@p shifts taking into account nothing else. :*

I for one will be keeping a very watchful eye on my hours and enhanced relief, oh silly me, don't need to anymore with big brother round the corner :mad:

250 kts
1st Feb 2003, 11:30
There is no doubt that Overtime will help the situation somewhat but as there are only around 33% that have signed up the ability to use them is restricted.

Using Nogbads method may well lead to the failure of NATS and we have to agree that will be in no ones' best interests. I don't know a single Operational person who was not outraged at the bonuses paid but that is now in the past and we must look forward.

We have what we have and we are where we are.

I'm not sure what mainecoon means but what is the feeling at MACC getting the extra airspace and are people able to retain all their present validations and add extras as well? I understand that staff are falling over themselves to do Overtime at MACC so things can't be that bad there!!

So do we allow the company to maybe fold with no guarantees of how we will then be run or do we bail them out again?