PDA

View Full Version : Hubair anyone??

Bodie
21st Jan 2003, 12:48
Does anyone have any opinions/experience about Hubair in Belgium?

Unfortunately I can’t speak French, so could replies be in English?? I'm afraid we British are not as lingual as our European cousins.

Thanks in advance
Bodie

PorcoRosso
21st Jan 2003, 15:32
Do you mean we french are cunnilingual ;) ?

don't know anything about about hubair, sorry

loulou
4th Feb 2003, 20:06
The school is pretty new so it can be tricky.
The field at St Hub has a grass runway, in winter you don't fly a lot.
They just have C-152
I know many guys doing their training there, most of the time they wait for a good weather.
It is very boring because it is in the middle of nowhere.

loz
5th Feb 2003, 11:32
hello guys,

salut loulou, decidement , on se croise souvent ces temps ci .

Well, my opinion is quiet similar to Loulou's one .
The point is that they mainly operate from EBSH ( saint hubert, wich is situated in the Belgian Ardennes). They only have a grass rwy outthere.
Now,well, I don't know if it is really a disadvantage, you 'll probably learn more positive things on an unpaved rwy than on anything else .
Other than that,they have C150's + C172's+ a PA44.
I've never flown on their airplanes but they look in good condition ( as far as I know, maintenance is done at Charleroi ) .
Their ground courses facilities are; well; quiet limited compared to other multimillions "pilot factory" schools ...
But the atmosphere is quiet good, the staff ( instructors+others) look nice too .
I also had a chat with several students and except the fact that the weather at the time of my visit was not good ( no airplanes in the air, very windy day) , they were quiet happy about their choice .
so anyway, I think that it is a good school, with a nice manager, Mr Broquart who is very helpful and devoted to his students .
But note that I have a small experience of the school, as I only did my licence renewal on their brand new fully equipped FNPT2 .
so this is only the impression that I had , i'm sure you will probalby have other stories .

Good day,

loz:} (ils sont cools les nouveaux smilies, surtout celui la !je me demande bien ce qu'il sest ramasse sur la tronche lui)

Barbers
19th Feb 2003, 20:26
The formation on twin engine aircraft for professional pilot of Hub'Air is situated at Luxembourg Airport (ELLX) with a Piper Seneca (I think).

I know this because the aircraft is parked in the hangar of my flight club (Aerosport).

The aircraft has also a very funny immatriculation for french people: it's G-SOIF

thirionremi
17th Jul 2003, 18:25
hi guys the situation for the twin engine changes all the time i ve just done my 20 hours twin at charleroi ebci.... the aircraft flies well but there are some troubles all the time it is really a pitty......they ve just bought a seneca 3 wich seems to be really nice..... it is based for the moment at liège eblg ........

but for the futur student it will be very funny they will fly on a brand new diesel (JET A1)aircraft.......they ve just ordered it for 400000 € euros.

they ve also just installed on the brand new fntp2 simulator the features to be able to run it for the MCC part of our formation.....i saw it is realy nice there are some pictures on the hubair student website www.hubairpeople.be.tf but it will also be available on the official website of the school www.hubair.net soon.

they also think to buy an AL50 you can see it on www.alsim.com for the people who want to practice ifr but without paying the full pric of the plane or the big fnpt2 simulator (300€/h)...........the price for an hour on this small simulator should be 25€ /h or a kind of forfeit for the year to come unlimited hours ;)

it is really an nice way to stay current in ifr !

well if you have more questions ask it on the hubair student website forum www.hubairpeople.be.tf