PDA

View Full Version : Cost of hour building

mintfavour
7th Dec 2001, 17:51
I have been hiring the schools aircraft since i have passed my ppl to gradually build my hours. The schools prices is due to go up, to £105/hr wet for a PA28. while a 152 is £93/hr wet. The planes are well maintained, and the school has good instructors and social events. I cant afford to go into a share or part ownership, plus also the money I do try and save is for future training, (+ morgage).

Am I paying to much to build hours. I have seen some private aircraft that has been offered for cheaper rates, but they didnt look very airworthy.

Please advise and give examples of rates people are paying in the uk, as I cant afford the time or money to go to the U.S

cheers

200V AC, 3 Phase, 400 Hz
7th Dec 2001, 18:08
you can hire a good 152 for under 80 squid all over the UK. You have to look around.
There are some places that will take a grand deposit and you can fly a 152 for 50ish an hour. As far as being airworthy if all you want to do is hour build then I am sure that any aircraft you hire in this country will be uo to scratch. Depends on how many hours you want to do.

What area of the uk are you in?

mintfavour
7th Dec 2001, 18:44
Northamptonsire/Cambridgeshire border.

currently fly at Sywell

Intersection
7th Dec 2001, 18:53
You can buy good hour building rates at flying schools for about 2700 quid for about 55 hours in a 152.

Happy Flying
Int.
:cool:

Wee Weasley Welshman
7th Dec 2001, 19:44
I know of £3,000 for 50hrs on PA38's in the UK within 100miles of Sywell (nice clubhouse at Sywell I thought - made we want to grow a handlebar moustache and get a non-PC black labrador for some reason).

englishal
7th Dec 2001, 22:10
If you want seriously cheap hours, and you have a few weeks to go to America, go to one of the flying schools, find out what it costs to rent a 152 wet, then offer to rent the A/C for say 50/100 hr block dry, and tell them you'll pay by the tacho hour (which they'll probably accept). You should be able to get a 152 for $35 - 40 per hr dry, and fuel is around $1.80 - $2.40 per gal. Then go into slow flight and fly long cross countries (tach proportional to rpm). Of course you log chock to chock, but pay for tach.