PDA

View Full Version : Florida hour-building insurance

Crosswind Limits
6th Dec 2001, 13:16
I am off to Florida in a couple of months to hour-build and I was wondering whether it is possible to get insurance cover. Has anyone been insured for this before and if so how did they go about it? Perhaps students just take a chance, like I did for my PPL, but that was in the UK not in the States! I can get travel insurance through my bank but they would run a mile if they knew I was flying whilst out there!

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Grandad Flyer
6th Dec 2001, 14:16
Try Traffords Insurance brokers. website is: www.traffordinsurance.co.uk (http://www.traffordinsurance.co.uk)
or call onL 0870 9000 331

I have used them before and they have some good policies, such as annual and single trip travel insurance that also covers fixed wing flying. There are various options and the prices are usually pretty reasonable.

TAF Oscar
6th Dec 2001, 22:59
I agree with GF, have also used Traffords (even though I don't live in the UK) last time I went to Florida hour building.

The other company I have used is another one from the UK: Sovereign, they do "Adventures Travel Insurance", also reasonable priced. Don't have a www for them, only a phone number: 01202 880074 and email [email protected]

Success!