PDA

View Full Version : Gap Year Placement with NATS

FL390
7th Jan 2003, 17:01
Hi everyone,

I am currently in my final year of school, studying for my A Levels. Last year a notice came round school from NATS offering the opportunity of a gap year placment with them over the period of 2002/2003. It involved work at either Gatwick or Heathrow. At the time I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to go on that when I have my gap year, but that would be an academic year later than advertised and unfortunately I did not get the contact details before the notice was taken down.

At the moment I am leaving my options open as to a career path, but I am seriously considering one in aviation and a placement with NATS for a year seems like a great chance to have a look at one part of the aviation world to perhaps help me in my decision! And so I was wondering if any of you guys at NATS had heard of such a scheme or had any advice you could give me for applying. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

FL390
:cool:

P.S. PPRuNe Radar: could you check your PPRuNE mail box at some time please as I e-mailed you a while back....:)

Barnaby the Bear
8th Jan 2003, 08:04
I no longer work for nats, but while i was there I hadn't heard of a gap year (Could have changed). But I did spent a just over a year working as an assisstant with Nats before the ATC college. I found it very useful, and would recommend trying it if you unsure of your options.
The thing you have to be aware of is that, it doe's take a while to get throough the ATCO selection process, and I wish i had started in ATC at you age.
Good luck in what ever you decide to do.;)
P.s I don't know if they are still recruiting ATSA's, but have a go.

250 kts
8th Jan 2003, 20:08
Yes, good luck. I just hope your grasp of the English language/keyboard skills is better than that of BtB!!

Barnaby the Bear
9th Jan 2003, 09:19
Oi!!!
I was in a hurry. My computer cuts me off if I take more than a couple of minutes to type.:D