PDA

View Full Version : Captain Lai Hai (Merged).

Captain Lai Hai
4th Jan 2003, 07:39
Why do you require your cabin crew to use their own credit cards for sat. phone calls to authorise passenger credit cards for duty free purchases and why can a passenger abuse your HK based ground check in staff by referring to her as a w.hore a f.ucking s.lut etc etc because she refused to allow him to carry on oversize overweight baggage as per the airline regulations.

Disgusted gweilo

Capt Lai Hai - Do you really think CX management are going come onto PPRuNe and answer your questions? I don't think so, why don't you write to them, giving chapter and verse of the incident, with appropriate names etc. That way you may get a reasonable response.

BlueEagle - Moderator.

Turbo Beaver
4th Jan 2003, 10:17
Blue Eagle:

You are mistaken. When you write a letter to the CX Rag, they totally avoid the question and start talking about the square mileage of Texas.

While Capt. Lai may not get a reasonable answer on this forum, I know for a fact he/she will not get a reasonable answer from Cathay Pacific.

At least Capt. Lai will get more feedback on this forum.

Turbo Beaver

HotDog
4th Jan 2003, 10:22
Welcome to the real world. My wife, ex CX F/A, has recently terminated her part time ground staff job at Sydney international airport for the same reasons. Abused by irate passengers turning up too late to board, excess baggage, missing baggage, etc, etc. It's a rough scene outside the protection of the cockpit door!:(

BlueEagle
4th Jan 2003, 21:49
Your points are taken so your threads have been merged and this topic can now continue on this thread as a discussion/debate amongst the interested parties. I still doubt that CX management will take part though.

BlueEagle - Moderator.

Captain Lai Hai - please see your personal Message box - Thanks, BE.

Captain Lai Hai
5th Jan 2003, 05:07
BlueEagle,

Sorry to ask what may be the obvious but how do I retreive PM's

I phoned CX immediately when I was informed which was less than two days after the incident.
The response or should I say lack of was not what I had expected.
I could not be specific with details as the staff member concerned was terrified she would lose her job.
She like many others I suppose have no alternative choice for employment and it seems many HK based company's are taking full advantage of the situation.
It disgusts me and I'm sure many others to know that senior xpat management allow loyal hardworking staff to be treated with such contempt

BlueEagle
5th Jan 2003, 10:52
Captain Lai Hai - if you go Here (http://www.pprune.org/forums) and scroll to the bottom you will find Private Messages, select 'Inbox'.

Cheers,

BE