PDA

View Full Version : Ground School

tonyqpr
30th Dec 2002, 17:02
I am well into my PPL but have yet to do any ground exams. Are there any schools or organisations that do ground school packages (including exams) so as I can get them out of the way this winter?

Andy_R
30th Dec 2002, 17:08
You could get a copy of Flyer and there are loads in the classifieds, you can get Flyer at most major Stores like WH Smith etc.
Only ones I know of personally are Derek Davidson School near Bournemouth (if you want the contact private mail me) and try www.catsflying.org.uk

Best of luck

tonyqpr
31st Dec 2002, 18:05
Cheers for that.

Does anyone have any personal recommendations?

Crossedcontrols
1st Jan 2003, 13:18
I'd recomend buying the books (Thom etc) and then buy the PPL confuser. It's a lot cheaper and in the long run probably a better way to learn. (IMHO)
I used Mr Davidson, for a couple of exams. His organisation is very good, but when you add up the cost of acomodation etc you'd be better spending the money on flying.
Does your flying school not offer ground school through the winter months?
I see you're from Stevenage, I'd highly recomend the RT course run by Henlow flying club. You don't have to be a member and it's run over a number of evenings by an ATC from Luton, Very nice guy and good fun, also he'll give you the test at the end of the course, plus lots of 'real world' advice on RT.

CC