PDA

View Full Version : BE-76 Duchess

Canada Goose
11th Oct 2001, 21:46
Can those in the know, please provide me with feedback as to how much it costs to rent a Duchess in the UK, wet, dry, and with instructor.

Thanks very much.
CG.

Very old pilot indeed
11th Oct 2001, 21:57
There is a flying school somewhere in Bournemouth with quite a few BE76's as I have seen.

You should find and speak to them.

[ 11 October 2001: Message edited by: Very old pilot indeed ]

Canada Goose
11th Oct 2001, 22:37
Thanks VOPI

My query was more form curiosity. Following a quick web search I couldn't find the aforementioned FTO, but I did stumble across some other FTO's based in the UK that are offering multi ratings, and thus I have been able to glean a ballpark. However, as I am curently doing my multi in a Duchess, I wanted to compare apples with apples, so to speak.

Thanks once again.

Cheers,
CG.

{Edited for a bad UBB code, WWW)

[ 11 October 2001: Message edited by: Wee Weasley Welshman ]

QNH 1013
11th Oct 2001, 23:24
CG, The April 2000 price list for P.A.T. at Bournemouth shows IR training in BE76 Duchess at £315 per hour. The hire rate for the CAA flight test (i.e. no instructor) is shown as £245 per hour, plus of course the £564 for the CAA flight test ! I doubt if it has gone down since then. The hours you pay for at P.A.T. are the airbourne time plus ten minutes, so the taxying and power checks cost you £52.50 per flight. If you wish to check the current figures, their phone number is +44 1202 593366.

CAP509castaway
11th Oct 2001, 23:37
Try Multiflight At Leeds Bradford Airport.
I have hired Be76 there for IR renewal.

Dan761
12th Oct 2001, 03:45
Triple A flying have 2 Duchesses. I think they are at humberside airport. Anyway here is their web page, WWW.tripleaflying.co.uk (http://WWW.tripleaflying.co.uk)

Cos
12th Oct 2001, 13:46
Western Air at Thruxton have a Duchess. I do not know the rates off-hand but they are favourable for their other aircraft. Telephone no. is 01264 773 900

wysiwyg
12th Oct 2001, 15:21
The prices that QNH quotes are for training and testing to professional standards. If your original enquiry was for conversion training/checkout followed by private hire the costs would be considerably lower (although still far from cheap).

Wycombe Air Centre also have 2 Duchesses a few miles to the North West of London, near High Wycombe.

regards
wizzy

Valiant
12th Oct 2001, 15:24
I was just about to mention WAC myself, heres the web address anyway: http://www.wycombeaircentre.co.uk/

Canada Goose
12th Oct 2001, 20:04
Thanks to all who have replied. Some fo those prices made my eyes water......

Am I correct in assuming that there is also a 17% V.A.T. charge on top of the prices one sees advertised ?

Cheers,
CG.

foghorn
12th Oct 2001, 23:38
Some do, some don't. The moral of the story is to ask. £315ph quoted above seem a bit lumpy for a Duchess ex-VAT , so I would expect rate that is including VAT. VAT is 17.5%.

Lovely aircraft, particularly G-TRAN at Multiflight with its wooly seat covers ;)

QNH 1013
12th Oct 2001, 23:47
Wizzy, thanks for pointing out to CG that the rates I quoted at P.A.T. were for professional IR training. I hadn't made that clear and was just trying to add to an earlier post that said there were Duchesses at a Bournemouth school. As you say, ordinary checkout and hire would be less but no-one else has actually quoted any figures which is what CG wanted.
CG, the rates I quoted for P.A.T. DO include vat at 17.5 % but you are correct to be cautious as many places do quoted figures before vat is added and then have "all prices subject to vat" or similar wording hidden in the small print. The least expensive twin hire I personally know of is just less than £200 per hour (including vat) on a hobbs meter and this is for a seminole (PA44).

Wee Weasley Welshman
13th Oct 2001, 01:28
Seminole - I'd rather..

You've heard the rest I am sure ;)

aces low
13th Oct 2001, 19:13
Try Leeds Flying School. I am currently training their Duchess for a multi CPL. Its quite a bit cheaper than the competition. :cool: