PDA

View Full Version : Flying School - Alicante/Murcia

nfr816
22nd Dec 2002, 18:32
Hola!

I´ve just come over to Spain from the UK and would like to continue flying over here. Unfortunately I can´t find much information on aviation over here.

I have two questions to start off with:

1.) Does anyone have any details of a flying school around the Alicante or Murcia areas? Ideally I´d like to find a school which is recognised by the UK CAA (so that the hours are recognised). I have 40 hours towards my PPL(A) but require another 9 solo hours (including a 150nm solo x-country). Can anyone help?

2.) Where can I get a 1:500000 Aeronautical Chart for Spanish Airspace?

Any other information on flying in Spain (in English) would be appreciated!

Muchos gracias!

Neil

miss magenta
23rd Dec 2002, 20:10
Hi Neil
Sorry to tell you that the only CAA school in Spain is Bae in Jerez. All hours flown here in spain will be recognized by the CAA as valid hours but I believe that if it is hours towards your PPL then they must be under a CAA FTO (even if it is JAA).
As for info. on schools try a flight magazine. I can help with anything on the island of Mallorca but the mainland I am not as familiar with. Buy a copy of Formación Aeronautica, most schools are listed or advertize there,
Best of luck.

despegue
24th Dec 2002, 11:10
Neil,

At Alicante, you have Airoway. They rent planes,are cheap, but be aware that training is only done in Spanish.
Further North, in Valencia, is of course Airmed. Everything is done in English there.
Spain is a full JAA member, and all hours are recognised by the CAA.

Be aware that Bae Jerez is now also a Spanish school, issuing Spanish licences and not British ones.

Murcia/San Javier has no flying schools/clubs in my knowledge.
:cool:

Mooney
5th Jan 2003, 16:27
Do you have any idea how much the aircraft are block hour in ALC or Valencia as a rough guide?

Thanks

Flying Spaniard
19th Jan 2003, 21:37
Hey
Triy Muchamiel aerodrome they have a FTO that is JAA and rent at rougly 15.000 PTS for 1 hour pa28 in my days.
Muchamiel is about 20 min from alicante city, nice little aerodrome with OK aircraft lots of ppl to socialize with but also the perfect place for social suicide!
Greetz

Ignacio Cabrera
22nd Jan 2003, 07:26
Neil, I have taken this new from aeromadrid web page:

"The DAEMUR society and Aero Madrid SA has subscribed an agreement of collaboration with the purpose of initiating programs of aeronautical education in the Airport of San Javier. These activities have had a great acceptance on the part of the Murcian Community as well as by the Polytechnical University of Cartagena"

But as far as I know, AeroMadrid do not rent aircrafts without instructor !

I suggest you to check Aeroway reputation in the Spanish forums...

Best Regards
Ignacio

pablo
24th Jan 2003, 13:39
Hi!

I think your best choice in the mediterranean coast would be Valencia(Airmed), Reus (CESDA) or Sabadell (Top Fly).

I've not heard anything good about aeroway, and the owner worked for a big robbery called Albatross before it had to close.

Good luck

PABLO

likair
27th Jan 2003, 17:42
Hello everyone,

Any other Spanish flight Schools that offer JAA JAR PPL(A) Courses??

Muchos Grazias

Ignacio Cabrera
29th Jan 2003, 11:30
As far as I know, not too much Spanish Schools offer PPL in English language. I only know AeroMadrid but just when they have a group of people enrolled and not in an individual basis.

Airmed do not offer PPL
I do not know if Adventia does it

Ignacio

Joaquín
30th Jan 2003, 21:35
Hi likair,

I think you can do a JAR PPL in English at Cordoba. If you want more details, send me an e mail.

Good luck!

likair
4th Feb 2003, 19:22
Hello Joaqu'n

Thanks a lot for your information. I managed to gain SOME information about the school (but not much :( ) Because the info site is in spanish....(I'm not very good in understanding spanish language)

But helped alot.......I sent a mail requesting furhter info........

Thanks alot for your attention!!!!
Good luck for your future!!

Likair

likair
11th Feb 2003, 16:20
Just received that the flight school in Cordoba doesn't offer an JAA PPL(A) in English.....although they have consulted the Spanish CAA. :(

Thanks for the info and good luck!

Likair