PDA

View Full Version : Moved from March '03 Course to July '03

von
21st Dec 2002, 16:12
Just heard from NATS recruitment that I'll have to wait another 3 months to start training due to reduced intake for the course. Anyone else in the same boat or know if this is a common occurance?

Air Show Bob
22nd Dec 2002, 18:07
Well area units are so desperately short of controllers that from Jan they are starting to pay £500 a day to cover shifts. You wouldn't expect anything less than start reducing the intake of trainees to ease the manning crisis would you? Ooooh dear , silly me......:confused: :confused: :confused:

MinimumRest
23rd Dec 2002, 10:04
Do you think this means I'm gonna get shunted off the July course to make way for the March folk??? :confused: :(

23rd Dec 2002, 10:24
did they give you any more info eg how many people they were moving etc.

like min rest (she's lovely) im on the july course and they told me in july 02 that i was on the july 03 course. i think 1 year is enough to wait, its like putting your whole life on hold.

godd luck von, let me know how it goes

GR7
23rd Dec 2002, 14:30
I have also been moved from the Apr course to the Jul course.

Not the greatest Christmas present!!

BobAgg
23rd Dec 2002, 21:22
Von,

When did they let you know?

I start March '03, and am now waitin' with baited breath to c if I'm being put back!

Cheers!

left outer, right inner
23rd Dec 2002, 22:33
Hey guys!

I am starting on the Jan '03 course, and I am well looking forward to it now. I was bumped from the Oct 2002 to the Jan 2003 course as well. I think the reason is for the fact that they are making the courses slightly smaller, from about 30ish to around 22ish per course. I may well be incorrect, but I think that is the case.

I look forward to maybe meeting some of you in the future. BobAgg, I will be showing you the local haunts in bournmouth at the meet and greet!

All the best guys, and have a great time over the holiday break!

LORI:cool:

von
24th Dec 2002, 14:10
BobAgg - found out last Saturday. Don't know anything more than the new course date I'm afraid. Good to hear that this isn't all that unusual - although I had got all psyched up to start in March. Guess we'll all have to wait just that little bit longer to meet up.

WX Man
28th Dec 2002, 09:28
Just a thought, but if any of you lot drink alcohol, and you're in London on the 30th (Monday), come along to the Knight's Templar...

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71528&perpage=15&pagenumber=2