PDA

View Full Version : NEW YEARS DAY 2003 FLY-INS ???? or even open with breakfast and coffee fields

bingoboy
14th Dec 2002, 18:53
Just booked the club 172 for New Yrs day --- Any ideas of where to go that day ??? (wx permitting)

knobbygb
15th Dec 2002, 07:39
I think Sherburn-in-Elmet is open every day of the year, but you'd better check. No specific event going on, but the breakfasts are excellent!

Mark 1
16th Dec 2002, 12:54
Popham are advertising a fly-in.

If it turns out like this year with clear blue skies, you'll have a great time. Last Jan 1 Compton Abbas also had a fly-in but I havn't seen anything about next year.

DOC.400
16th Dec 2002, 16:42
I'm up for it -plane booked a while ago!

Compton usually open, also Henstridge, and Popham.

Check 'Pilot' for details.

Seeya there!!

DOC

Negative 'G'
16th Dec 2002, 19:27
Give Huddersfield a try, the kettles always available for use:D or have a 5min walk to 'The Sands' Public house situated just on the undershoot of Rwy 25 to sample Yorkshires finest cooking & hospitality:D

Neg G:cool:

ratsarrse
17th Dec 2002, 18:24
Presumably you're not planning to overindulge on New Year's Eve then. ;) Having worked the last 3 New Years, and not having to work this one, I fully expect to be incapable of doing anything on this New Years Day!

formationfoto
17th Dec 2002, 19:55
Bingo
I suspect not the right area for you but I would expect Seething in Norfolk to have a few foolish people pottering about on NYD. Last year we flew into the New Year which meant no drink before departure and a lot of catching up after landing. Probablt because of this we were in a reasonable state the following day and welcomed a few hardy souls from fields afar.