PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue and Terminal 2.

cloud nine
13th Dec 2002, 10:37
Now that VB are sharing Terminal 2 with us, I have noticed that the cabin crew board the pax through the aerobridge, but disembark the pax via the aft door/stairs.

Just curious as to why the aerobridge is not used for disembarking. Do any pruners out there know why this is done? I was told that this is for a quick turn around, but I can't see how this would help.

I think it's great to see VB using Terminal 2. It has given T2 the opportunity to grow with more cafe's/shops which overall benefits everyone from the buisness owners, airport staff, to all pax regardless of what carrier they are flying with. T2 is definatley alot more inviting and comfortable for everyone that uses it.

:)

AViON calling!!
13th Dec 2002, 10:58
According to the news yesterday DJ use both aerobridge and aft doors for disembarking due to the short turnaround.
Not a bad thing really. If you do choose to fly Virgin Blue you do things their way. Hey in ADL and OOL, all pax use the tarmac. guess some things they do make sense????

cloud nine
13th Dec 2002, 11:05
I was thinking along those lines too, but yesterday I was on the tarmac and the aerobridge wasnt conected up to the A/C, and all the pax were disembarking from the aft only??:confused:

Maybe it was just a one off thing.

Theo Racle
13th Dec 2002, 14:21
Think you'll find that the aerobridge was broken.

kim_AdAstra
18th Dec 2002, 10:29
Allelujah ( I think that's correct.)
Cloud Nine it has made my day to see somebody from another airline sit back and look at a situation and find something positive to say about a competitor.
We all seem to have become so overwhelmed with the competitive world of aviation that we've forgotten one thing, the consumer who creates the demand for air services. And we've seen in the past that monopolies or overwhelming majorities often end in disaster.
So many people haven't realised yet that each of our airlines in some way feeds the other. Perhaps it's by keeping each other alert to consumer desires, VB seems to have come to the business mentality and QF is appears to be attempting to service the more economically minded traveller with its thoughts on introducing single class cabins on some flights. And just as importantly is the need for our strong regional structures who without we wouldn't have as solid a feed into the main trunk routes.
I feel you are so right when you say that by having VB in T2 it becomes a more attractive proposal for non aviation businesses to invest in outlets etc... This in turn generates flow through custom from families and friends seeing others off who then get smitten with the sudden desire to travel and so the wheel turns.
Having a company that looked into taking over the old Golden Wing Lounge at Melb I can tell you that Airport retail space is bordering on extortionistic but with all that is happening I now see why the Airport body was unwilling to make to many steps in negotiations with us. VB lounge at T2 would be fantastic but better still if VB is smart they will tender out to a contractor to operate it and make it a lounge available to all travellers of any T2 airline. It is commercially feasible and would enhance particularly the Domestic inter capital and regional relations.
Good on you Cloud Nine......