eagerbeaver
3rd Oct 2001, 21:49
Anyone been for an interview yet?

dv8
4th Oct 2001, 13:26
Application received 27 Sep you will be advised shortly

eagerbeaver
4th Oct 2001, 13:52
hmm, i got the same. I wondered if they might have suspended recruitment like many other companies thats all.

Snigs
4th Oct 2001, 15:11
Interestingly, I phoned this morning and asked whether they were still accepting applications, they said yes and they're sending me a "pack".

I was asked a couple of loaded questions such as "Do you have a type rating?" and "did you complete an integrated course?", which suggests the obvious, but I'll stay positive, you see, I'm a local boy!! :)

FL245
6th Oct 2001, 04:29
Hi Guys,

There is a freeze on recruitment at the moment within CitiExpress, although applications are still being accepted. We are being told that we are short a small number of crews at present.

Just for further info, anyone who has passed the selection process will be placed in a holding pool, as start dates cannot be confirmed.

eagerbeaver
6th Oct 2001, 15:33
got the 'dear john' this morning. Pretty gutted really.

northern boy
6th Oct 2001, 22:57
I got the dear john treatment too despite 3500 hrs and type ratings on two of the aircraft they operate.

Must be my aftershave...

best of luck to all other applicants.

Foster
7th Oct 2001, 00:59
As FL245 says, there is a ban on recruitment at the moment - likely to be that way for a while as well. I know of three mates, well liked and respected in the company by the Management, who left BRAL this year to go and fly for BA and Virgin. All are out of work now ( or will be soon) and have been unable to secure employment back here.

eagerbeaver
7th Oct 2001, 19:58
northern boy - i find that absolutely ridiculous that they gave u a rejection, i can understand a low hour pilot like me. They didn't even put u in the holding pool? just a straight rejection?

northern boy
9th Oct 2001, 00:28
Eagerbeaver,

I was a bit suprised as well. I spent three years at British Regional and even have a letter telling me I would be welcome back!

The new style application form is strangely reminiscent of the BA mainline one. It follows therefore that all applications are scrutinised by the same external agency that BA used. In other words,your suitability as a pilot will be judged by a twenty year old sociology graduate who knows someone who has a friend that went on an aeroplane once.

Seriously though, if they are part of BA now then they are probably operating under the same restrictions and by all accounts have suspended recruitment until the situation gets better.

If anyone is successful, then you will be joining a good company and a great start to your career.You may even get to love the ATP in time.

Best of luck!

Trislander
10th Oct 2001, 13:23
I just have one question, why did BA decide to spell City Express with an I ? (Citiexpress) Sounds a bit european

Capt Ted Striker
10th Oct 2001, 14:59
Got the call for interview today. They are obviously still interviewing at least!
Any info on the process would be most welcome.