PDA

View Full Version : Fajs Rto

BMM389EC
8th Dec 2002, 17:44
This evening SAA B747SP "Hantam" RTOed on 03L. Turned off on Foxtrot with emergency vehicles in tow. Anyone know what happened?
Saw the bmi A330 in SAA colours. Looks good.

Gunship
9th Dec 2002, 08:17
Hi BMM,

For those ill-informed like me .... help us out please ...

What is this all about - the BMI A330 - are they just on lease for a "while" ?

Sorry basically the same as 4HP's post - could have maybe posted the question there ?

So SAA 's new a/c is late for delivery due to non - payment / outstanding payment on the 600's - is that correct - before I start a rumour that SAA is going bankrupt :D

BMM389EC
9th Dec 2002, 16:55
Apparently due to delays in the A340s arriving and a desire to still retire classics they have done a deal with bmi. Two A330s going to fly on a wet lease, semi wet lease basis. Supposedly on the Milan and Frankfurt routes. This is just what I hear though!

Gunship
9th Dec 2002, 20:39
BMM - e-mailed my spoories friends. Three answered back so far - not one knows about Hantam's problem ? (They are one 747 Capt and 2 Co-Jocks)

The one basically said all the same comments as you and 4HP with the following end remarks

I " Wat die A330 s aanbetref "skroef" hulle ons alweer. Daar is een of ander ooreenkoms dat hulle "bypass pay" sal betaal indien daar aan sekere vereistes nie voldoen sou word nie.

Ek kan net se dat ons nou die mees onbetroubaarste bestuur in die lugdiens nog het! Jy kan hulle onder geen omstandighede vertrou nie. "

In short : He says the current management is the most untrustworthy he has ever encountered (18 years service) and that you can not trust them at all ! :o

The Claw
10th Dec 2002, 06:02
You just have to look at the fine job they did at SA Express....:mad: :mad:

Now that they no longer have the American "fall guy", who are they going to blame?

Paddle Steamer
12th Dec 2002, 12:07
But SIr...I do not understand. SAA have made a profit for the first time in how many years. Must be doing something right or is it the accounting system?

Management untrustworthy!!!! please??

captchunder
12th Dec 2002, 13:05
The bmi A330's (two- the other one will join in a couple of weeks, but not in full SAA livery) are on a dampish lease operating under bmi's UK AOC with SA cabin crew.

About half the flights will have one SA pilot under training, the rest of the flight deck being bmi (including the captain).

The initial lease is for one year on the Milan route and 5 months on the Paris run, but I guess it depends when your shiny new 340's come off the production line.

Looking foward to meeting you guys over a beer or three and discussing how similar our management are...

Paddle Steamer
13th Dec 2002, 08:11
I am wondering just how involved SAAPA and ALPA-SA were in the arrangements for the BMI 330's. Is this the "thin edge of the wedge " for contract crews on a more permanent basis.

Same deal as the South Americans and East Europeans who were floating around on 737's not so long ago!

:confused:

Cardinal Puff
13th Dec 2002, 10:24
Baas Tony

Those okes fly for a six pack and a ham sandwich and don't snack all the biltong meant for the pax.

What do YOU think..?